News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Random Nonsense

Started by Goathead, December 23, 2010, 04:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goathead

I never told anyone to do anything. And I do believe that it's the responsibility of the old-timers of the forum to help out the newer members thank you.

Tank

Quote from: "Goathead"I never told anyone to do anything. And I do believe that it's the responsibility of the old-timers of the forum to help out the newer members thank you.
You've been here a month and you have posted 32 times, that isn't an old timer.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Goathead

I am an oldtimer, but then I left for a time and when I returned my previous account had somehow vanished, so I started a new one. This account might be a month old, but I, sir, am more an oldtimer here than you are.

Tank

Quote from: "Goathead"I am an oldtimer, but then I left for a time and when I returned my previous account had somehow vanished, so I started a new one. This account might be a month old, but I, sir, am more an oldtimer here than you are.
What was your previous user name?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Quote from: "Goathead"I am an oldtimer, but then I left for a time and when I returned my previous account had somehow vanished, so I started a new one. This account might be a month old, but I, sir, am more an oldtimer here than you are.

I don't know who you are and you intro claims you were on here before it was happy atheist forum...it's been happy atheist forum for many many years I don't even think the first version that was around for a month or two on a free host was called anything else either (and all those users were migrated).  So, I think you are confused and need to quit arguing.

and as tank asked...what was your username?

Goathead

Quote from: "Tank"What was your previous user name?
Goathead.

Whitney

Quote from: "Goathead"
Quote from: "Tank"What was your previous user name?
Goathead.

Then you were never a member here previously...unless you just signed up, never posted and the account was recycled.

Goathead

Have you checked the records of deleted accounts?

Whitney

Quote from: "Goathead"Have you checked the records of deleted accounts?

I personally am responsible for deleting accounts and only delete spam accounts and no post accounts...all others are kept.  There is no record of deleted accounts (as they wouldn't be deleted if there were) nor do I remember a goathead.

Goathead

Quote from: "Whitney"I personally am responsible for deleting accounts and only delete spam accounts and no post accounts...all others are kept.  There is no record of deleted accounts (as they wouldn't be deleted if there were) nor do I remember a goathead.
Is it possible my old account could have been mistaken for a spam account? Also, I thought that all moderators had access to records of deleted accounts? Otherwise there'd be no way to check them.

Whitney

There is no way to check them and unless you were a spammer there is no way I would have accidentally thought you were a spammer because it is done manually.

There is no way to check on deleted accounts (I own the site, I have full access to it)...it's permanent; to keep record would mean they weren't actually deleted.  This isn't a complicated system.

Baggy

Quote from: "Goathead"
Quote from: "Whitney"I personally am responsible for deleting accounts and only delete spam accounts and no post accounts...all others are kept.  There is no record of deleted accounts (as they wouldn't be deleted if there were) nor do I remember a goathead.
Is it possible my old account could have been mistaken for a spam account? Also, I thought that all moderators had access to records of deleted accounts? Otherwise there'd be no way to check them.

You didn't post under the user name of Chuck Jones did you?  :|

Goathead

Quote from: "Whitney"There is no way to check them and unless you were a spammer there is no way I would have accidentally thought you were a spammer because it is done manually.
My line of thinking exactly. I'm no spammer so I don't see how the account could have been mistaken for one... which makes it all the more odd.

Quote from: "Whitney"There is no way to check on deleted accounts (I own the site, I have full access to it)...it's permanent; to keep record would mean they weren't actually deleted.  This isn't a complicated system.
Am I to understand that this site has no records of deleted accounts? None at all?

And I never had the username chuck whatever. It was always "Goathead".

Whitney

Let's try this:

What did the forum use to be called?

Goathead

As for the name of the forum, I don't actually remember. All I know is that Thumpalumpacus and a user called PoopShoot were there, and a Buddhist called, I think, 24? And it had a black background.