News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Season's Greetings Atheists!

Started by ChristianWarrior, December 22, 2010, 02:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"There wasn't any need to claim that I was stupid though for not knowing that though McQ. And I'm not a troll. If you wan to unfairly ban me and you can live with that, then go right ahead. The few times I tried saying season's greetings to an atheist in real life, they snapped at me. Which is why I said Happy Winter Solstice.

CW, you really need to let this drop now. I've actually been patient with you, considering I think you're really a troll. And you have yet to prove otherwise. Now. Do three things:

1. Show where I called you stupid. Show us right now.
2. Show where I threatened to ban you.
3. Show where I used a false analogy to illustrate that you've started a pointless thread. I bring this last up, because you still refuse to acknowledge that it has been a pointless thread which appeared to be a trollish thread.

You've pushed your luck as far as it will go. Move on and don't make me waste another second on your pointless posts. Oh, that makes four things you need to do.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: "Dretlin"Thank you.  :hail:

Well, I tried. Sorry.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Recusant

Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"The few times I tried saying season's greetings to an atheist in real life, they snapped at me.

lol   Yes, I agree it can be difficult to know just what to say.  Just like any widely diverse group, atheism includes some inordinately tetchy folks.  Just laugh it off and move on, is my advice.

EDIT:  I'm talking about real life, not this thread.  If you want to continue this thread, I would suggest answering McQ before proceeding any further.  But he himself has said that you should move on.

You should understand that this is a time of year in which we seem to get an upswing in our normal troll population.  Many here find that tiresome. The screen name you chose, and certain things you've said make it seem quite possible that you may be one of the holly-bedecked varmints.  Just keep being civil, and if the reaction you're getting right now bothers you, give it a couple of weeks and come back if you still feel like it.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Whitney

The best thing to say if you don't know what someone celebrates is simply "have a great day/evening" or nothing at all.  Those who are big jerks about requiring that everyone wish them a Merry Christmas will initiate the phrase and then it can be returned (or you can just stare at them for being so stupid that they think everyone needs to tell them Merry Christmas. . .)

DaveD

.....or: