News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Season's Greetings Atheists!

Started by ChristianWarrior, December 22, 2010, 02:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"All I did was wish you a Happy Winter Solstice. There was no need for the rudeness. Would you like it if I did that to you McQ? Probably not.
Not only was it not obviously directed at you(it could have been directed at all the people that responded to you), but I have gotten similar responses for less, and found them hillarious.

ChristianWarrior

Quote from: "Heretical Rants"
Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"All I did was wish you a Happy Winter Solstice. There was no need for the rudeness. Would you like it if I did that to you McQ? Probably not.
Not only was it not obviously directed at you(it could have been directed at all the people that responded to you), but I have gotten similar responses for less, and found them hillarious.

Sorry, but how where any responses in here a "fail"? All anyone did in here was wish each other a Happy Christmas/Holiday/Winter Solstice. It was a little mean in my opinion.

McQ

Oh, relax, CW. You are acting like such a complete crybaby. Atheists don't necessarily celebrate the winter solstice, as I already pointed out. It would be like us going into a christian forum and starting a thread that said, Happy Hanukkah! Your FAILure is not knowing that and posting such a ridiculous and pointless thread.

Build a bridge [spoiler:clqisrdw]and get over it.[/spoiler:clqisrdw]

Happy Kwanzaa.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

ChristianWarrior

Quote from: "McQ"Oh, relax, CW. You are acting like such a complete crybaby. Atheists don't necessarily celebrate the winter solstice, as I already pointed out. It would be like us going into a christian forum and starting a thread that said, Happy Hanukkah! Your FAILure is not knowing that and posting such a ridiculous and pointless thread.

Build a bridge [spoiler:cz5dp6b5]and get over it.[/spoiler:cz5dp6b5]

Happy Kwanzaa.

How rude and insensitive. What do you want me to say? Happy Nothing?  You're incredibly unfriendly. I think you have a prejudice that just because I'm a Christian, I'm a nut-job. Please be more friendly. I thought Atheists would like the Winter Solstice. I know a couple of Atheists in real life. Not well, but I'll say Merry Christmas to them, and they'll say Happy Winter Solstice.  If not all of you celebrate it, then Happy Winter in general. Lighten up.

McQ

Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"
Quote from: "McQ"Oh, relax, CW. You are acting like such a complete crybaby. Atheists don't necessarily celebrate the winter solstice, as I already pointed out. It would be like us going into a christian forum and starting a thread that said, Happy Hanukkah! Your FAILure is not knowing that and posting such a ridiculous and pointless thread.

Build a bridge [spoiler:3mg9udcg]and get over it.[/spoiler:3mg9udcg]

Happy Kwanzaa.

How rude and insensitive. What do you want me to say? Happy Nothing?  You're incredibly unfriendly. I think you have a prejudice that just because I'm a Christian, I'm a nut-job. Please be more friendly.

You can think what you want. You are acting like a troll. Maybe you're just pretending to act like a crybaby, and I've misunderstood.

And my analogy still stands accurately, so yes, you should have said nothing and not wasted peoples' time with the pointless thread.

I have zero prejudice against you for being a christian. If so, I wouldn't be married happily to one for over 25 years.

Stop acting like a troll (second warning) and you will be treated with respect. Clear enough?
--Penn Jillette

ChristianWarrior

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "ChristianWarrior"

Build a bridge [spoiler:25u7in7b]and get over it.[/spoiler:25u7in7b]

Happy Kwanzaa.

How rude and insensitive. What do you want me to say? Happy Nothing?  You're incredibly unfriendly. I think you have a prejudice that just because I'm a Christian, I'm a nut-job. Please be more friendly.

You can think what you want. You are acting like a troll. Maybe you're just pretending to act like a crybaby, and I've misunderstood.

And my analogy still stands accurately, so yes, you should have said nothing and not wasted peoples' time with the pointless thread.

I have zero prejudice against you for being a christian. If so, I wouldn't be married happily to one for over 25 years.

Stop acting like a troll (second warning) and you will be treated with respect. Clear enough?

How am I acting like a troll? Because I tried to be nice? Please enlighten me. If not everyone of you celebrates it, then I'm sorry but I thought nearly all of you did. Sorry if it offended you, but there was no need for doing a FAIL. You could have politely pointed out to me that not all Atheists didn't celebrate the Winter Solstice. As far as I know, I didn't break any rules. So banning me would be unfair and unjust. In fact, you're acting like more of a troll than I am. Just because you're a mod doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want to.

Ihateyoumike

Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Heretical Rants

Here´s my summary of this thread:

ChristianWarrior:  Zany holiday time!
random atheists: Lulz OK!
ChristianWarrior: Lol yup!
McQ: WUT, I don't celebrate this holiday?!? He's insinuating that atheists are primitive sun worshippers(not that there's anything wrong with that)!TROLL!
ChristianWarrior: Huh? I´m not a troll!  And you're being so rude! WHaaaaaahhhhh!
McQ: Haha, crybaby troll.
ChristianWarrior: DON'T BLOODY CALL ME A TROLL!!!! ...you're being so rude. Prejudice!!!
random atheists: Oh no, not again...

Methinks that the arguments in this thread don't really have anything to do with this thread.

McQ

Quote from: "Heretical Rants"Here´s my summary of this thread:

ChristianWarrior:  Zany holiday time!
random atheists: Lulz OK!
ChristianWarrior: Lol yup!
McQ: WUT, I don't celebrate this holiday?!? He's insinuating that atheists are primitive sun worshippers(not that there's anything wrong with that)!TROLL!
ChristianWarrior: Huh? I´m not a troll!  And you're being so rude! WHaaaaaahhhhh!
McQ: Haha, crybaby troll.
ChristianWarrior: DON'T BLOODY CALL ME A TROLL!!!! ...you're being so rude.
random atheists: Oh no, not again...

Methinks that the arguments in this thread don't really have anything to do with this thread.

Lol! Excellent summary, and very funny.  :headbang:
--Penn Jillette

Heretical Rants

Dretlin

Quote from: "McQ"I don't celebrate the winter solstice. Do you? Most atheists don't. So what was your point other than to try and be a smart-aleck? We get trolls in here all the time. So far, you have been acting like one of them. Prove you're not a troll and you will be treated with respect.

I feel your being far too cynical. Trolls are more obvious than a rash and this situation does not stink of it, yet.

Recusant

I'm one of the few atheists that I know of who does indeed celebrate the Winter Solstice. (I also celebrate the other solstice, as well as equinoxes.) I don't celebrate them because of atheism, however.  I have a fairly large percentage of Celtic blood (I'm a mongrel; probably more Czech than Celt, but whatever) and have always felt an affinity for the Celtic cultures, which seem to have celebrated equinoxes and solstices. In fact that practice is probably much older than the Celtic cultures. The point is that it's a cultural thing, and atheism isn't a culture as such.  Not yet, and most likely not ever.  When I was a bike messenger, I used to burn cinnamon on a little marble altar on Wednesdays, because cinnamon is the incense for Hermes, and Wednesday is the traditional day of Hermes/Mercury. I didn't do that because I actually believed in Hermes per se, but because I got a kick out of celebrating the idea of a messenger god.  Again, a culture thing, which had nothing to do with atheism.

You said you came here to learn a bit; well now you know that you can't assume that just because somebody is atheist, they celebrate Winter Solstice. ;)

EDIT:  Thanks for the laugh, Heretical Rants.   lol
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

McQ

Quote from: "Dretlin"
Quote from: "McQ"I don't celebrate the winter solstice. Do you? Most atheists don't. So what was your point other than to try and be a smart-aleck? We get trolls in here all the time. So far, you have been acting like one of them. Prove you're not a troll and you will be treated with respect.

I feel your being far too cynical. Trolls are more obvious than a rash and this situation does not stink of it, yet.

It stinks enough for me, but I will give it a go and try to see if it works itself out. Thanks for the thought and it won't go unheeded.
--Penn Jillette

ChristianWarrior

Quote from: "Recusant"I'm one of the few atheists that I know of who does indeed celebrate the Winter Solstice. (I also celebrate the other solstice, as well as equinoxes.) I don't celebrate them because of atheism, however.  I have a fairly large percentage of Celtic blood (I'm a mongrel; probably more Czech than Celt, but whatever) and have always felt an affinity for the Celtic cultures, which seem to have celebrated equinoxes and solstices. In fact that practice is probably much older than the Celtic cultures. The point is that it's a cultural thing, and atheism isn't a culture as such.  Not yet, and most likely not ever.  When I was a bike messenger, I used to burn cinnamon on a little marble altar on Wednesdays, because cinnamon is the incense for Hermes, and Wednesday is the traditional day of Hermes/Mercury. I didn't do that because I actually believed in Hermes per se, but because I got a kick out of celebrating the idea of a messenger god.  Again, a culture thing, which had nothing to do with atheism.

You said you came here to learn a bit; well now you know that you can't assume that just because somebody is atheist, they celebrate Winter Solstice. ;)

EDIT:  Thanks for the laugh, Heretical Rants.   :)  . There wasn't any need to claim that I was stupid though for not knowing that though McQ. And I'm not a troll. If you wan to unfairly ban me and you can live with that, then go right ahead. The few times I tried saying season's greetings to an atheist in real life, they snapped at me. Which is why I said Happy Winter Solstice.

Dretlin

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Dretlin"

It stinks enough for me, but I will give it a go and try to see if it works itself out. Thanks for the thought and it won't go unheeded.

Thank you.  :hail: