Will someone please explain to me what Atheisim is all about

Started by ChristianWarrior, December 22, 2010, 02:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

I've seen the same thing happen around easter time also, Whitney.  I've also noticed that they often have user names like ChristianWarrior or SavedbytheBlood, or HeavenBound.   :raised:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Whitney

Quote from: "Velma"I've seen the same thing happen around easter time also, Whitney.  I've also noticed that they often have user names like ChristianWarrior or SavedbytheBlood, or HeavenBound.   :raised:

Ya...sometimes Easter is even worse because it carrys stronger religious weight for most people.  

The similarity of how they go about posting is quite odd to me...as if some church out there is (failing horribly at) teaching people how to preach to atheists and then unleashes them on the internet for practice.

I also wonder if maybe there are just a lot of bored atheists who imitate christians around the holidays just to amuse themselves and make Christians look like morons...but then I wonder if that many atheists could stand to stay in such character for very long before it would quit being funny and just annoy them too.

Velma

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Velma"I've seen the same thing happen around easter time also, Whitney.  I've also noticed that they often have user names like ChristianWarrior or SavedbytheBlood, or HeavenBound.   lol   Seriously, I've dealt with dozens of them and there is a remarkable sameness that makes you wonder if a single church or traveling preacher is out there teaching folks how to deal with atheists on an atheist forum - and doing a very poor job of it.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Tank"PS your user name is bloody awful if you want to be taken seriously here.
That's what I was thinking. Whenever someone claims to be a "God warrior"/"Jesus warrior"/etc., I just have to chuckle.

:hide:

Um...ChristianWarrior... :hmm:

Biblical Jesus - A guy who is at the same time descended from king David on his father's side, born of a virgin mother which means that one of the things that would validate his jewish messiah status in ancient Judea is null since Joseph is not his father but at the same time is genealogically. Jesus is both son of god and god himself and is also the holy ghost and just to make things a bit more confusing, is all of this at the same time. :raised: Looks like mighty legitimacy patchwork to me.

As for the bible, since there are no extra biblical records specifically of him and the bible is not made up of eye witness accounts but written more than a hundred years after the supposed Jesus died, then I'm also leaning strongly toward whatever was attributed to him was distorted or the teachings passed down of multiple philosophers and 'messiahs' condensed into one Jesus Christ.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey