News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

When the church comes knocking...

Started by TinkerBelle, November 29, 2010, 04:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legs laney

i think you're in trouble tink, cuz now that they know you have an illness they are intent on "saving you", you are now one of their life's missions.
the fact that your room mate has already talked to them and let them in has made your situation even more bleak.
it will take a lot to get them off your back.  and you will have to get mean.  they seem to respond better to when a male tells them to back off and leave their woman alone.  i'd have one of your male friends threaten them with physical punishment if they came back.
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
- Autobio

TinkerBelle

Quote from: "legs laney"i think you're in trouble tink, cuz now that they know you have an illness they are intent on "saving you", you are now one of their life's missions.
the fact that your room mate has already talked to them and let them in has made your situation even more bleak.
it will take a lot to get them off your back.  and you will have to get mean.  they seem to respond better to when a male tells them to back off and leave their woman alone.  i'd have one of your male friends threaten them with physical punishment if they came back.

LOL Yeah, but "I'm a lover not a fighter." I also promised the roomie no faking demonic possession at the door. (pity that) However, I never said I wouldn't wear some incredibly offensive shirt. Can't decide between "Religions of the World" or "George Carlin". Hmmm...

The last time they came I was very firm. My roommate was outside shooting the breeze with them. Telling them we go to church (which is a lie), and when I heard this, I flew out the door, grabbed my roomie by the shirt, and yanked him inside. He had a priceless, sheepish look on his face. Then I told them "DO NOT COME BACK..EVER. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?" They haven't been back since. Crossing my fingers.

Cheers,
Holly
"You must try it, it's a delicacy, but don't eat the penis, it's just garnish." - The Ref

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "KebertX"Jehova's witnesses believe they can go to hell for seeing another man naked. So I'd say that's the perfect moment for guys to... Get naked.

Just Sayin'
It's also a perfect time to pretend you're a homosexual and get them to stay far, far away from you. :D

DJAkuma

I'm not really into being rude to strangers just because they're misquided or delusional but my girlfriend's parents live with us and they're fairly devout mormons.

If I see them coming I'm more than happy to send my future mother in law to the door and she's more than happy to try converting strangers to the chuch of LDS, when they're not home I invite them in and ask a lot of uncomfortable questions they don't have answers to until they get sick of it and leave.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "legs laney"the fact that your room mate has already talked to them and let them in has made your situation even more bleak.
it will take a lot to get them off your back.

Are they like vampires?

Kylyssa

Never, ever let them inside!  I once let in Mormons (I didn't know they were Mormons, just a couple of nice looking guys in suits who helped me carry in my groceries) and the only way I ever got rid of them was to move to a different city!  They bugged me for three years.

KebertX

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "legs laney"the fact that your room mate has already talked to them and let them in has made your situation even more bleak.
it will take a lot to get them off your back.

Are they like vampires?

They aren't like vampires. THEY ARE VAMPIRES!!!
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

Asmodean

Quote from: "KebertX"They aren't like vampires. THEY ARE VAMPIRES!!!
COOL!  :pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: "Asmodean"

5 years ago, yes. Now they just sparkle in sunlight.  :|
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"5 years ago, yes. Now they just sparkle in sunlight.  :| Well, I sparkle too. With a healthy radioactive glow.

(Have a glow-in-the-dark Grim Reaper t-shirt which has this uncanny ability to sparkle like a five-year-old dressed like a fairy wen exposed to sunlight. I DARE you to make a witty remark!  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Well I don't want the sciency types complaining again about anecdotal evidence.
We're going to have to capture a few and conduct some proper documented research.
Now where did I leave my crucifix?

Cecilie

Quote from: "Cecilie"5 years ago, yes. Now they just sparkle in sunlight.  :| Well, I sparkle too. With a healthy radioactive glow.

(Have a glow-in-the-dark Grim Reaper t-shirt which has this uncanny ability to sparkle like a five-year-old dressed like a fairy wen exposed to sunlight. I DARE you to make a witty remark!  :P

No you don't...

Do you really?

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"Do you really?
LOL Yes, I do indeed :raised:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: "Cecilie"Do you really?
LOL Yes, I do indeed :raised:

Sounds... Harry. :P

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"Sounds... Harry. :P

And my Volkswagen Rust has no heat. Life is so... Burdensome  :pop: )
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.