Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

UN Votes it's OK to Kill Gays

Started by Sophus, November 21, 2010, 02:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: "Recusant"
Quote from: "Goathead"
QuoteRoughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys are molested before the age of 18, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
14% of boys are molested before they even turn 18: 14%! Tell me, are the majority of molesters men or women? Well there you go then. Homosexuality is clearly linked to paedophilia; still, I'm surprised that stating facts would be uncivil on skeptical forum.:P

By your evidence and logic, pedophilia is even more clearly linked to heterosexuality.  Where does this leave us?
We should ban heterosexuality, think of the children.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Goathead

Quote from: "Recusant"By your evidence and logic, pedophilia is even more clearly linked to heterosexuality.  Where does this leave us?
Ah, now this is interesting. First it was "a GAY person could NEVER be a paedophile and you'll be BANNED for speaking of them in such a terrible way you evil person!!!", but now that actual facts have come out, it's... "well, homosexuality *might* be linked to paedophilia, maybe just a little bit... but paedophiles are still straight!"

Recusant

Quote from: "Goathead"
Quote from: "Recusant"By your evidence and logic, pedophilia is even more clearly linked to heterosexuality.  Where does this leave us?
Ah, now this is interesting. First it was "a GAY person could NEVER be a paedophile and you'll be BANNED for speaking of them in such a terrible way you evil person!!!", but now that actual facts have come out, it's... "well, homosexuality *might* be linked to paedophilia, maybe just a little bit... but paedophiles are still straight!"

You're misinterpreting me, though I don't blame you, since I left the point as an open question as a device of rhetoric.  I'll be clearer.  Since molestation of children is practiced by both heterosexuals and homosexuals, to brand either orientation as specifically linked to pedophilia would be a form of the fallacy of special pleading.  I never even implied that "homosexuality 'might' be linked to paedophilia," and for you to say that I did is worse than misinterpretation, it's blatant misrepresentation.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sophus

It's just a troll. He/she/it has already accused Whitney of being a sexist and been unnecessarily rude to McQ. Not to mention goathead "WRITES like *this*!!!!!1!"
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Goathead"Hence why so many straights were targeted by the Nazi, relative to gay people.

Non-sequitur.  Please provide evidence that this was a motivation of Himmler, Heydrich, Roehm, et al.

QuoteYou're the one making the claim that it *is* based on superstition, I was just responding to it.

Given that I have plenty of evidence that the denial of equal rights isreligiously-based, I'll regard your refusal to present evidence as an admission that you have none, and dismiss this "point" of yours.

QuoteKeep your panties on woman; here's some evidence for ya.
QuoteRoughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys are molested before the age of 18, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
Source

14% of boys are molested before they even turn 18: 14%! Tell me, are the majority of molesters men or women? Well there you go then. Homosexuality is clearly linked to paedophilia; still, I'm surprised that stating facts would be uncivil on skeptical forum.  :P

Nice quote-mine.  You apparently missed this part:

QuoteThe molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified â€" only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

I'm not sure if this is because your attention-span is short or you're dishonest.  Please clarify the issue, and I'll help out where I can.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Goathead"Ah, now this is interesting. First it was "a GAY person could NEVER be a paedophile and you'll be BANNED for speaking of them in such a terrible way you evil person!!!",

Hey, would you link to the post which claimed that?  No?  You can't?  Poor little thing.

Quotebut now that actual facts have come out, it's... "well, homosexuality *might* be linked to paedophilia, maybe just a little bit... but paedophiles are still straight!"

The fact is that the vast majority of pedophiles are straight.  That you ignore that fact speaks volumes about your bias, and completely undermines any credibility you might think you have.

(Protip:  you have none anyway, don't mourn any "loss".)

McQ

Quote from: "Goathead"Keep your panties on woman; here's some evidence for ya.
Source
14% of boys are molested before they even turn 18: 14%! Tell me, are the majority of molesters men or women? Well there you go then. Homosexuality is clearly linked to paedophilia; still, I'm surprised that stating facts would be uncivil on skeptical forum.  :P

I hadn't seen this post until just now. I had been pretty damn polite to goathead up to this point, even though it was becoming obvious it was here just to troll. Seems about time for goathead to take a little time off. You see, when you troll a forum and then insult the owner of that forum, you're pretty much begging to be banned.

But quite frankly, after reading all this drivel you've written, I'd just as soon ban you for being a fool. So, buh-bye, enjoy the vacation, and maybe we'll see you in a week. That is, if it is not decided just to permaban you, of which I would be in favor.

One week ban for goathead. To be followed by a permanent ban if decided upon by the mod team or Whitney, of course.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Goathead"Keep your panties on woman; here's some evidence for ya.
Source

I hadn't seen this post until just now. I had been pretty damn polite to goathead up to this point, even though it was becoming obvious it was here just to troll. Seems about time for goathead to take a little time off. You see, when you troll a forum and then insult the owner of that forum, you're pretty much begging to be banned.

But quite frankly, after reading all this drivel you've written, I'd just as soon ban you for being a fool. So, buh-bye, enjoy the vacation, and maybe we'll see you in a week. That is, if it is not decided just to permaban you, of which I would be in favor.

One week ban for goathead. To be followed by a permanent ban if decided upon by the mod team or Whitney, of course.
I can't say I'll miss him.

Thumpalumpacus

Great, I hope he doesn't show up back at TAF again.

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Sophus

Quote from: "SSY"Worst. Troll. Ever.
Don't flatter him.  ;)
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

Yeah, I think Martin Luther was the worst troll evar!