News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

UN Votes it's OK to Kill Gays

Started by Sophus, November 21, 2010, 02:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Quote from: "Goathead"They also killed straights. In fact they killed about a hundred times more straight people than gay people. Just what point are you trying to make here?  :P

Sense when did a mass number of people believing in something make it right? Seeing as you like to refer to Nazis, I suppose Hitler's Germany was morally justified in killing everyone they killed.

QuoteDon't misrepresent me. I never said that.

You said, "If someone actually interviewed the 76 nations of our world that made that vote, I think we'd be given a more logical reason than just "homophobia" or "religion". After all, it's 76 governments of the world! 76! I doubt all those educated leaders made those decisions based on just blind superstition." Please point out where I am putting words in your mouth? Either you think it's justifiable to kill gays for being gay or you don't.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Goathead

Quote from: "trexshinigami"Really?  You doubt that?  Gay marriage is getting voted down in states in the US.  There's one example of educated people making decisions based on blind superstition.
That wasn't blind superstition.

Quote from: "Goathead"To say so would imply you think that our culture, which embraces homosexuality, is superior to the cultures and customs of other nations- and there's a word for that: it's called racism.

Quote from: "trexshinigami"What culture exactly embraces homosexuality?
The other 120 or so voted against the 76? I mean let's face it. It's easy for the typical gay man these days in our culture. All he has to do is play the persecution card, and the government will go to extensive efforts to make his life peachy.

Quote from: "trexshinigami"And having said that I do feel that a culture that extends equal rights to all of it's people is superior over one that does not.  If that opinion is racist then so be it.
This demonstrates that you didn't properly read my post. I never said that that was racist in itself.

Quote from: "trexshinigami"And its really disturbing they took homosexuals out.  It doesn't make sense that they would actively remove them unless it was from a discriminatory standpoint.
That or maybe they just don't like the idea of seven-year-old boys getting raped?  :D

Goathead

Quote from: "Sophus"Nazis killed gays because they were gay. Obviously they didn't kill heterosexuals because they were heterosexuals,
QuoteIf you say so.

Quote from: "Sophus"they killed for racial reasons. You know, racism, the real kind.
The real kind as opposed to what?

Quote from: "Sophus"Sense when did a mass number of people believing in something make it right? Seeing as you like to refer to Nazis, I suppose Hitler's Germany was morally justified in killing everyone they killed.
But that's just my point- just because most nations believe they should give away their countries to homosexuals *doesn't* make it right. So you're actually justifying what I'm saying.

Quote from: "Sophus"You said, "If someone actually interviewed the 76 nations of our world that made that vote, I think we'd be given a more logical reason than just "homophobia" or "religion". After all, it's 76 governments of the world! 76! I doubt all those educated leaders made those decisions based on just blind superstition." Please point out where I am putting words in your mouth? Either you think it's justifiable to kill gays for being gay or you don't.
I just did point it out.

trexshinigami

Quote from: "Goathead"That or maybe they just don't like the idea of seven-year-old boys getting raped?  :D

Aww its a troll, silly me..

Goathead

Quote from: "trexshinigami"
Quote from: "Goathead"That or maybe they just don't like the idea of seven-year-old boys getting raped?  :D

"Of course. Because a gay man could *never* be a paedophile! All gay people are really wonderful people who love flowers and rainbows and just want to live in peace, free of discrimination! They could *never* murder or rape or commit any other crimes. Even if 76 world governments have actually collectively come together, in an agreed mind, about the dangers of people with homosexual fetishes and their tendencies, let's just blame it on religion and homophobia. After all, in our culture, if we question homosexuality, we'll be labelled as evil Nazis."

... Is that what you're getting at?

Davin

Quote from: "Goathead""Of course. Because a gay man could *never* be a paedophile! All gay people are really wonderful people who love flowers and rainbows and just want to live in peace, free of discrimination! They could *never* murder or rape or commit any other crimes. Even if 76 world governments have actually collectively come together, in an agreed mind, about the dangers of people with homosexual fetishes and their tendencies, let's just blame it on religion and homophobia. After all, in our culture, if we question homosexuality, we'll be labelled as evil Nazis."

Boring.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sophus

Quote from: "Goathead"

"Of course. Because a gay man could *never* be a paedophile! All gay people are really wonderful people who love flowers and rainbows and just want to live in peace, free of discrimination! They could *never* murder or rape or commit any other crimes. Even if 76 world governments have actually collectively come together, in an agreed mind, about the dangers of people with homosexual fetishes and their tendencies, let's just blame it on religion and homophobia. After all, in our culture, if we question homosexuality, we'll be labelled as evil Nazis."

No one is saying child molesters should not be punished. This amendment has nothing to do with prosecuting people for raping children. It allows countries to kill people for the sole reason that they are gay. That's it. Zip. Nada. Nothing else. They don't have to commit an actual crime.

Yes, it's either a troll or the world's dumbest imbecile. I would change this thread to being the subject of men's shampoo but I think that would be rather insulting to the weight of this issue.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

1) Goat's right in saying that many leading Nazis were gay, especially in the SA; but this isn't a recent revelation.  Shirer, in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (1st ed., Simon & Schuster, 1960) documents this fact.

2)
Quote from: "trexshinigami"Really?  You doubt that?  Gay marriage is getting voted down in states in the US.  There's one example of educated people making decisions based on blind superstition.
That wasn't blind superstition.

Please document the implied claim that the denial of equal rights to gays is not based on superstition.

3)
QuoteThat or maybe they just don't like the idea of seven-year-old boys getting raped?  :D

First, read this article to see your category error:

QuoteOther researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified â€" only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

Secondly, these two facts, when integrated, imply that most molestation is not homosexual:

QuoteThe percentage of incidents of sexual abuse by female perpetrators that come to the attention of the legal system is usually reported to be between 1% and 4%.[101]
Wiki

and

QuoteRoughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys are molested before the age of 18, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
Source

And yes, as trolls go, ole Goat here is pretty artless: the Original Sin of trolldom.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Sophus

Quote from: "SSY"Look at the countries that voted in favour of removing protection from homosexuals.

QuoteAfghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Brunei Dar-Sala, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

It reads like a shit list of hell holes. I can honestly say there is not one country there I would ever visit, even before this (maybe the Bahamas or the Maldives).

Edit, also, check out this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mu ... _countries

True, but I would have had higher hopes for Egypt, China and South Africa. I suppose we should have skipped over the gays when we in to offer help to Haiti after their earthquake.  :|

Matt

Quote from: "Goathead"Whether or not countries kill homosexuals is akin to the difference between foods eaten or clothes worn.

Whitney

Quote from: "Goathead"To say so would imply you think that our culture, which embraces homosexuality, is superior to the cultures and customs of other nations- and there's a word for that: it's called racism.

Thinking a culture is ethically retarded is not racism...racism has to do with ethnicity/race (skin color, facial features etc that are common to people of a certain background).

Considering that what consenting adults do with each other sexually when alone together can in no way harm anyone else (not like we need to encourage them to breed) there is nothing left but bigoted antiquated religious nonsense reasons for making loving the same gender illegal.

Whitney

If you continue to state or even imply that homosexuals are at higher risk of being child molestors than any other person without providing evidence of you claims I'm just going to ban you for being uncivil.  So far all I've seen you doing is saying unfounded bigoted things in what seems to be an attempt to troll.

Goathead

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"1) Goat's right in saying that many leading Nazis were gay, especially in the SA; but this isn't a recent revelation.  Shirer, in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (1st ed., Simon & Schuster, 1960) documents this fact.

Hence why so many straights were targeted by the Nazi, relative to gay people.

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Please document the implied claim that the denial of equal rights to gays is not based on superstition.
You're the one making the claim that it *is* based on superstition, I was just responding to it.

Quote from: "Whitney"If you continue to state or even imply that homosexuals are at higher risk of being child molestors than any other person without providing evidence of you claims I'm just going to ban you for being uncivil.  So far all I've seen you doing is saying unfounded bigoted things in what seems to be an attempt to troll.[/color]

Keep your panties on woman; here's some evidence for ya.
QuoteRoughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys are molested before the age of 18, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
Source
14% of boys are molested before they even turn 18: 14%! Tell me, are the majority of molesters men or women? Well there you go then. Homosexuality is clearly linked to paedophilia; still, I'm surprised that stating facts would be uncivil on skeptical forum.  :P

Ultima22689

Recusant

14% of boys are molested before they even turn 18: 14%! Tell me, are the majority of molesters men or women? Well there you go then. Homosexuality is clearly linked to paedophilia; still, I'm surprised that stating facts would be uncivil on skeptical forum.:P

By your evidence and logic, pedophilia is even more clearly linked to heterosexuality.  Where does this leave us?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken