News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Does religion offend you?

Started by Fininho, November 09, 2010, 08:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomewhereInND

I think that when arguing a point, we forget that everything is real world.

Its to easy to get sucked into the imaginary world.
Religion makes me chuckle.
--------------------------------
MENTAL NOTE-Reality is what it is, not what anyone wants it to be, and not what anyone thinks it is.
MENTAL NOTE-Make an effort to be a happy athiest.
My College Math Professor once said:Math is just an imaginary model of reality.
My Dog once said:Bark.
Coworker once said:If it looks good

Stevil

I feel terrible when:
I hire a children's video for my two year old and it turns out to be a highly religious children's education piece. It's just not right to brainwash people this way. It does make me feel sick.
I see in the newspaper that the Pope makes public statements that it is immoral to use Condoms when millions are dying from AIDS
Countries either pass laws for Civil Unions rather than allow same sex marriages. How is it up to the government to decide on who people should be allowed to love?
Governments outlaw stem cell research because religous outfits deem it as immoral. Needless suffering and disabilities.
Women are not treated as equals and are not allowed to hold high positions within religous organisations. I am all for equal rights.
It is a crime to euthanise suffering people. Needless suffering.
People behave like sheep and regurgitate what they have been taught and do not question, challenge or adapt these teachings as it applies to them and their knowledge and experiences
The list goes on.

Fininho

Your government is sending some tax money [from you as a taxpayer] to support those movie companies support the pope [or the other way around]!
It works well that way for your roman pope.
That is also VERY offensive to me!!
I'm told, the American taxpayer is forced to contribute with cash to hep the pope go.
I'm not sure if the Senate approved it, or it's in the Constitution to help the pope DECEIVE children!
You tell me, please.
[size=150]More baking powder, less religion; more bakeries, less churches.[/size]