News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hello Hello!

Started by D0NTst0pBELlEViN, November 05, 2010, 05:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0NTst0pBELlEViN

Hello!

Ok let me introduce myself!

I am a 20 year old female and I live in the Midwest (United States). I was raised Muslim (Even though I am only half Arabic and my name is about as Irish as it gets). I attend a Catholic private University and it makes me pretty much hate my life. I am an Atheist and it is a constant debate here because everyone wants to convert me. I am who I am and I love that about myself. I am an open book so ask whatever you want :-)

The Magic Pudding

Hello, do they still go hard on the burning in hell business, I think they've toned that down here.

Anyway welcome.

Explorer

Nothing like two religions fighting to send you to their own version of hell to reinforce atheist tendencies.

Kia kaha (be strong), and welcome.

D0NTst0pBELlEViN

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Hello, do they still go hard on the burning in hell business, I think they've toned that down here.

Anyway welcome.

Oh yeah they say I am going to hell all the time. Its cool though... I prefer the warmth anyway

Tank

Hello DSB

Welcome from the North (of England)  :)

Good to see a free thinker, thinking freely! What do you do when you're not defending yourself from hellfire?

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cycel

Quote from: "D0NTst0pBELlEViN"Hello!

I am a 20 year old female and I live in the Midwest (United States). I was raised Muslim (Even though I am only half Arabic and my name is about as Irish as it gets). I attend a Catholic private University and it makes me pretty much hate my life. I am an Atheist and it is a constant debate here because everyone wants to convert me. I am who I am and I love that about myself. I am an open book so ask whatever you want :)

You have a very interesting background, so it would seem.  Are your folks on the religious side or are they inclined to open-mindedness?  I've heard that many former Muslims must be very careful about divulging their skepticism as the Koran doesn't take kindly to apostates.  How are you doing?

D0NTst0pBELlEViN

Quote from: "Tank"Hello DSB

Welcome from the North (of England)  :)

Good to see a free thinker, thinking freely! What do you do when you're not defending yourself from hellfire?

Regards
Chris

I don't really know what freetime is haha. I work 3 part-time jobs and I am a full-time student. I do like to shop especially thrift stores and I like to volunteer especially with kids.

D0NTst0pBELlEViN

Quote from: "Cycel"
Quote from: "D0NTst0pBELlEViN"Hello!

I am a 20 year old female and I live in the Midwest (United States). I was raised Muslim (Even though I am only half Arabic and my name is about as Irish as it gets). I attend a Catholic private University and it makes me pretty much hate my life. I am an Atheist and it is a constant debate here because everyone wants to convert me. I am who I am and I love that about myself. I am an open book so ask whatever you want :)

You have a very interesting background, so it would seem.  Are your folks on the religious side or are they inclined to open-mindedness?  I've heard that many former Muslims must be very careful about divulging their skepticism as the Koran doesn't take kindly to apostates.  How are you doing?

My mother actually passed and she was not too religious. I was raised by my grandmother but she too passed away. My father has been protestant his entire life until recently. He now identifies himself as an Athiest too along with all of my cousins.

I don't really outwardly speak out against the Koran because I do not have many Muslim friends. The bible on the other hand... lol

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

wildfire_emissary

Hi and welcome from Southeast Asia.
I am amazed that you became an atheist considering amount of religious exposure you are in. Or that could have been the reason you became one. Congrats!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Cycel

Quote from: "D0NTst0pBELlEViN"My mother actually passed and she was not too religious. I was raised by my grandmother but she too passed away. My father has been protestant his entire life until recently. He now identifies himself as an Athiest too along with all of my cousins.

I don't really outwardly speak out against the Koran because I do not have many Muslim friends. The bible on the other hand... :)  Maybe.

The big difference now is the existence of the Internet.  I wish I'd had that growing up.