News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Glenn Beck on Evolution

Started by Sophus, October 21, 2010, 06:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymygy

I don't believe we came from monkeys either.

We're apes.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

karadan

Quote from: "DropLogic"I wonder if an atheist will ever reach as large an audience as Glenn Beck does.

All the time... In Europe :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Thumpalumpacus

What would be epic would be a series of "Glenn Beck on ..." threads with their own subforum.

Just in case the cyrstal meth wasn't frying your brain fast enough.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

DropLogic

Honestly, I don't blame Glenn Beck for the position he's in today.  Certainly he knows how to work a crowd and make money...but it's really the leadership at Fox that has provided his giant soapbox.  The man is clinically insane...and who could blame him?  His sister and mother both committed suicide, he has battled alcoholism for 20 years, his daughter has CP...or maybe it was 2 of his daughters...I look that one up later to confirm.  The guy should be in a mental institution not leading a political movement.

hunterman317

I don't like religion. I like Glenn Beck.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence~
Bertrand Russell

The Government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion~
John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

Pray. Maybe the aliens will hear you~

Thumpalumpacus

He certainly provides entertainment bang-for-the-buck.  

Also, this thread should be a series:  "Glenn Beck on ..."

I'll go next:

QuoteBECK: What it means is â€" and correct me if I'm not wrong, it is â€" it is an evolutionary law. We no longer open up a textbook, go to any college and study the law. You're not going to see the quotes from the Founding Fathers or anything from the constitutional convention.

SEKULOW: Right.

BECK: You're going to see case law. This started in the 1920s, if I'm not mistaken. And what happened is, they started saying, wait a minute, evolution, if evolution is real well then people evolve, so must our understanding of things and so must the law. So now they just look to the future.

SEKULOW: Right.

BECK: And kind of sum and we continue to move forward. Now, it's moving into other nations, correct or not?

SEKULOW: It's even more â€" yes, it is correct, but it's even more than that. You mentioned the Darwinian aspect of this â€" it does have a Darwinian base and that over time, universal norms come into existence. And even where you have a national sovereignty, a United States Constitution, that document no longer becomes the charter document upon which the government in the United States is to operate.

BECK: Right.

transcript

DropLogic

I'm going to need to see that explanation of how evolution relates to government on a chalk board.

Thumpalumpacus

hackenslash

Quote from: "tymygy"I don't believe we came from monkeys either.

We're apes.

Under cladistics, we are monkeys.

[youtube:2cwm4w66]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-dMqEbSk8[/youtube:2cwm4w66]
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

dgmort19

QuoteI haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet.

By the standards of what theory would you expect to see this? Not Darwinian Evolution...

thedport

Well to be completely fair, Glenn Beck is kinda right. We didn't come from monkeys we came from a common ancestor. Which I am sure most of us are aware of. That would be like saying that instant pudding came from cheese because they are both dairy based. No they both came from a common ingrediant, milk, and from a common source the cow.
"An honest person can never surrender an honest doubt. Who doubts nothing knows nothing. The wise are prone to doubt."-The good book;Proverbs;Chapter 55

JuggernautJon

QuoteYou sure had to force that the world revolved around the sun and not the other way around.

Don't look now...but I think some folks are still struggling witht that very concept.
"A few conservative Roman Catholics are pointing to a dozen Bible verses and the church's original teachings as proof that Earth is the center of the universe, the view that was at the heart of the church's clash with Galileo Galilei four centuries ago"

cited- http://richarddawkins.net/articles/642893-a-few-catholics-still-insist-galileo-was-wrong

Sorted quotes. Tank
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

fester30

It's not just the acting or emotional pleas with Beck.  In the back of any Fox News viewers mind is the idea that whoever doesn't watch Fox News thinks it's biased.  They think it's fair and balanced, but the liberal media doesn't allow for Fox News or the viewers who think they are down the middle to have legitimacy.  Glenn Beck was on CNN Headline News before he jumped to Fox News.  He came from the liberal media to Fox News.  Instantly Fox News viewers were starstruck by this guy who came from the liberal media to Fox, thereby legitimizing Fox News and giving them an idea that they really are an unbiased viewership.  The conservatives have a big problem with legitimacy of their views.  They are aware that they are viewed as being racist.  They absolutely love Herman Cain because now they have a black guy so they can't be racist, right?  They won't ever seriously consider him for the Republican nomination, but it lends their claims of not being racist legitimacy, at least in their minds.  Kirk Cameron does the same thing with the religious views.  He's famous, and most famous Hollywood types are liberal heathens, right?  Here's one that's born-again!  WOOHOOO we aren't so stupid as the elitists think we are! 

It's my birthday, I'm tired from being out shopping all day, and now it's time to go cuddle with the wife.  I've had fun ranting, though.

JuggernautJon

I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.