News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

ZOMG RUN!

Started by tymygy, October 03, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "DropLogic"Provided you still have electricity...

Fortress gates tend to have analogue locks  :pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

tymygy

Quote from: "Asmodean"Me, I'd attempt to capture a fortress or a maximum security prison. Notoriously hard places to get into without an invitation, those.
What about food and water? They'd sit and wait....  :drool
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

DropLogic

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "DropLogic"Provided you still have electricity...

Fortress gates tend to have analogue locks  :pop:
Oh..here in America all our jails are on magnetic locks. gg.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "DropLogic"Oh..here in America all our jails are on magnetic locks. gg.
The cells are.  The outer doors have manual redundancies.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

Quote from: "tymygy"
Quote from: "Asmodean"Me, I'd attempt to capture a fortress or a maximum security prison. Notoriously hard places to get into without an invitation, those.
Wells might help for water. Food is harder, but I'd not be the only one experiencing a shortage.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

tymygy

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "tymygy"
Wells might help for water. Food is harder, but I'd not be the only one experiencing a shortage.

So, would you be forced to leave in order to get food?
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "tymygy"So, would you be forced to leave in order to get food?
Can't you eat zombie meat?
Cooked of course, I'm not a weirdo.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Assuming the zombies were caused by some kind of pathogen, merely handling the raw meat could be deadly.  That said, if we barricaded in a prison, we would only need to go out for food long enough to get crops growing inside and rain collectors could be built on site.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Assuming the zombies were caused by some kind of pathogen, merely handling the raw meat could be deadly.  That said, if we barricaded in a prison, we would only need to go out for food long enough to get crops growing inside and rain collectors could be built on site.
Well it sounds like you're wasting a lot of good meat.
Obviously you don't eat the brain.
But your free range zombie cooks up wonderfully.

And that jail idea, I think you will end up being the meat.
It is a bad sign if they poke you in the ribs before letting you in.

tymygy

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Can't you eat zombie meat?
Well it sounds like you're wasting a lot of good meat.
Obviously you don't eat the brain.
But your free range zombie cooks up wonderfully.

And that jail idea, I think you will end up being the meat.
It is a bad sign if they poke you in the ribs before letting you in.

yeah, once your in, its not easy to get out.

And, zombie meat would be highly unlikely. Unless its like a bacteria, once cooked it will be alright.

PoopShoot

Unless it's like 38 days later, where merely getting some blood on you while butchering it is enough to make you a zombie.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "tymygy"And, zombie meat would be highly unlikely. Unless its like a bacteria, once cooked it will be alright.
Oh nonsense, you guys need do more research.
QuoteIt is believed by doctors and researchers that the disease spread easily and rapidly in the Fore people due to their endocannibalistic  funeral practices, in which relatives consumed the deceased to return the "life force" of the deceased to his hamlet, a Fore societal subunit.[8] The dysmorphism  evident in the infection ratesâ€"kuru was 8-9 times more prevalent in women and children than in men at its peakâ€"is because while the men of the village took the choice cuts, the women and children would eat the rest of the body including the brain, where the prion particles were particularly concentrated. There is also the strong possibility that it was passed on to women and children more easily because they took on the task of cleaning relatives after death and may have had open sores and cuts on their hands.[2] Although ingestion itself of the prion particles can lead to the disease,[9]  there was a high degree of transmission if the prion particles could reach the subcutaneous tissue. With elimination of cannibalism because of Australian law enforcement and local Christian missionaries' efforts, Kuru rapidly declined among the Fore. However, the mean incubation period of the disease is 14 years and cases were reported with latencies of 40 years for those who were most genetically resilient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_%28disease%29

Just a bit of basic hygiene, don't eat the brains and she'll be right mate, no worries.

tymygy

Quote from: "tymygy"And, zombie meat would be highly unlikely. Unless its like a bacteria, once cooked it will be alright.
Oh nonsense, you guys need do more research.
QuoteIt is believed by doctors and researchers that the disease spread easily and rapidly in the Fore people due to their endocannibalistic  funeral practices, in which relatives consumed the deceased to return the "life force" of the deceased to his hamlet, a Fore societal subunit.[8] The dysmorphism  evident in the infection ratesâ€"kuru was 8-9 times more prevalent in women and children than in men at its peakâ€"is because while the men of the village took the choice cuts, the women and children would eat the rest of the body including the brain, where the prion particles were particularly concentrated. There is also the strong possibility that it was passed on to women and children more easily because they took on the task of cleaning relatives after death and may have had open sores and cuts on their hands.[2] Although ingestion itself of the prion particles can lead to the disease,[9]  there was a high degree of transmission if the prion particles could reach the subcutaneous tissue. With elimination of cannibalism because of Australian law enforcement and local Christian missionaries' efforts, Kuru rapidly declined among the Fore. However, the mean incubation period of the disease is 14 years and cases were reported with latencies of 40 years for those who were most genetically resilient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_%28disease%29

Just a bit of basic hygiene, don't eat the brains and she'll be right mate, no worries.

Oh shittt

karadan

If there was a group of survivors then an oil rig might be a good place to live if trying to escape a '28 days later' style zombie outbreak. Food and water wouldn't be an issue although after a couple of years you'd only have fish to eat. The zombies in 28 days later eventually die of starvation anyway, so waiting a year before getting back to land would be no big deal.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Asmodean

Quote from: "karadan"If there was a group of survivors then an oil rig might be a good place to live if trying to escape a '28 days later' style zombie outbreak. Food and water wouldn't be an issue although after a couple of years you'd only have fish to eat. The zombies in 28 days later eventually die of starvation anyway, so waiting a year before getting back to land would be no big deal.
Fish, eh..? What if the oceans arte contaminated and the fish is like... Zombified..?  :raised:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.