News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Christian... Logic?

Started by Byronazriel, October 02, 2010, 07:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

Quote from: "PoopShoot"That's one of the many reasons chrome is dildos.

Heresy!/Noob!
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Hmm, you don't usually troll.
No, usually, I don't.

QuoteIf it wasn't for Firefox IE users would still be waiting for tabs.
IE DOES have tabs though. So in that aspect, it is not inferior to FF

QuoteIE is a target for all the black hats.
Yup. Never had a problem though.

QuoteIE has improved since 8 arrived.
It has..? What did they do..?  Google product, it's banned from my computers (There are exceptions to that rule, like their search engine and Android mobile OS)

EDIT: before this grows into a technical debate on reasonably high level, my point is, and always was, this: If I, with my needs and uses for the Internet, can manage very well with OS default browser, why wouldn't regular Joe be able to do just the same..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Asmodean"EDIT: before this grows into a technical debate on reasonably high level, my point is, and always was, this: If I, with my needs and uses for the Internet, can manage very well with OS default browser, why wouldn't regular Joe be able to do just the same..?
With no effort Joe can have a 7/10 browser.
With very little effort Joe can have a 9/10 browser.
Why wouldn't Joe go for the 9/10?
Supporting worthy competition drives improvement and innovation.
Some people like to give MS a kick now and then.

KebertX

Quotegoogle chrome tells me to capitalize christian thats how awesome christians are.

Ummm... Isn't "Christian" a propper noun?  You'd capitalize it for the same reason you'd capitalize the name of any other specific thing not worthy of respect.

EX. "I saw a Christian downloading Internet Explorer onto her Netbook, while sitting in a Starbucks in Detroit."
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"With no effort Joe can have a 7/10 browser.
With very little effort Joe can have a 9/10 browser.
Yup. That does tend to lead to mountains of garbageware on the hard disks, in registry and... Everywhere. In addition, that is, to all the garbageware that the OS provides as pre-installed.

That said, for ye old regualr joe, I believe the difference lies between the 5/10 and 6/10 browsers. A 7/10 browser would be expected to be advanced somewhat beyond the hypothetical Joe's needs and capabilities.

THAT said, there is nothing wrong in chosing software developed by other providers than Microsoft, but running a Microsoft OS with pre-installed web browsers that do their job just fine, I don't see the point.

Wanna stick it to the man? Build your own computer and get Linux.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

SomewhereInND

christian logic is no different then the logic of the rest of humanity.
Religion makes me chuckle.
--------------------------------
MENTAL NOTE-Reality is what it is, not what anyone wants it to be, and not what anyone thinks it is.
MENTAL NOTE-Make an effort to be a happy athiest.
My College Math Professor once said:Math is just an imaginary model of reality.
My Dog once said:Bark.
Coworker once said:If it looks good

Byronazriel

Yes, just as a gun in the hand of a gangster is no different than a gun in the hand of a police officer.
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

hunterman317

Hehe. Logically you can't prove that God exists in 8 easy steps.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence~
Bertrand Russell

The Government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion~
John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

Pray. Maybe the aliens will hear you~