News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Duke strikes again!

Started by DropLogic, October 01, 2010, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DropLogic

http://jezebel.com/5652114/college-girls-power-point-fuck-list-goes-viral-gallery

Interesting read...
Sexuality is such a hush hush issue in America.  Do we have religion to blame for that?

Category

I think the (american I presume) society is to blame really, seeing other countries much more open about sexuality. Having so many different cultures in the same areas someone is bound to be offended over something, leading to our over sensitive society.
I ask theists if God is omnipotent. They say yes.
I ask theists if God loves us. They say yes.
I read the news paper or look on the web or remember other people's sad stories or remember things that happened to me...and I see that no omnipotent entity loves us.
I ask theists if they can prove their god. They can't.
So, I have excellent reason to

DropLogic

Na, I blame god.
A lot of women I've dated used childish names for sex organs...it's that deeply rooted.  Penis becomes "thingy", vagina or pussy becomes "down there"...etc.  It's unfortunate that we've been feared into thinking sexuality is negative.

navvelline

Quote from: "DropLogic"Na, I blame god.
A lot of women I've dated used childish names for sex organs...it's that deeply rooted.  Penis becomes "thingy", vagina or pussy becomes "down there"...etc.  It's unfortunate that we've been feared into thinking sexuality is negative.

I'll admit, I used the same exact words for describing genitalia. Depending on who you're around (it can make saying penis and vagina very awkward) I suppose I blame not using the correct words more on feeling awkward than the religion I grew up in. But yes, the suppression of sexuality can be blamed on religion. :|
Quote"I am so good, I will not stop. Five! Now six. Now seven on top!" - Dr. Seuss
Quote"Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000." - Eric Cartman

DropLogic

Quote from: "navvelline"

I'll admit, I used the same exact words for describing genitalia. Depending on who you're around (it can make saying penis and vagina very awkward) I suppose I blame not using the correct words more on feeling awkward than the religion I grew up in. But yes, the suppression of sexuality can be blamed on religion. :|
Religion is the cause of that awkwardness.

navvelline

Quote from: "DropLogic"
Quote from: "navvelline"

I'll admit, I used the same exact words for describing genitalia. Depending on who you're around (it can make saying penis and vagina very awkward) I suppose I blame not using the correct words more on feeling awkward than the religion I grew up in. But yes, the suppression of sexuality can be blamed on religion. :D
Quote"I am so good, I will not stop. Five! Now six. Now seven on top!" - Dr. Seuss
Quote"Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000." - Eric Cartman

madness

lol Oh man, that's good stuff.  I hardly call my self 'repressed' but making a thesis about your sexual adventures?!?!  That takes guts.  Doesn't everyone know by now that nothing you send via email is safe?

And yes I think religion (and culture, which is frequently shaped by the dominant religion) is to blame for much sexual repression.