News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Prop 8. Decision!

Started by GAYtheist, August 04, 2010, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

So far as I understand, until the USSC takes a stand, the decision will only be relevant in the 9th Circuit's area, which is 14 (?) western states.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Sophus"I was hoping that would be the case. California's laws on this issue are more complex than most states. Hope there's not a loophole of some sort. If it the case I and if the Prop 8 supporters lose for a second time I wonder if if they will avoid taking it to the Supreme Court so as to prevent the possibility handing the entire nation over to Satan.  :bananacolor:
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Sophus

What's the latest on this case? Anyone know?

Btw, here's what happened in my state today:

Quote from: "url=http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/22/florida.gay.adoptions/index.html]CNN[/url]"]
A Florida appeals court Wednesday struck down a state law barring gay men and lesbians from adoption on the basis of equal protection under law.
The Florida 3rd District Court of Appeal upheld a trial court ruling that Florida's explicit ban was unconstitutional, noting that the state's adoption law required officials to assess potential adoptive parents in "the best interests of the child."
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Mistermischief

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, with the pages upon pages of links to rules and admonishments not to look for humour here.   :| I assure you humour isn't the only thing I am looking for.  At my age there is one thing I can still hold ... a sound and serious conversation.

Sophus

Quote from: "Mistermischief"Thank you all for such a warm welcome, with the pages upon pages of links to rules and admonishments not to look for humour here.   :hmm:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Mistermischief"Thank you all for such a warm welcome, with the pages upon pages of links to rules and admonishments not to look for humour here.   :| I assure you humour isn't the only thing I am looking for.  At my age there is one thing I can still hold ... a sound and serious conversation.

Damn detected.
Illegitimi non carborundum.