News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

‘No religion’ for 40% of Scots ahead of Papal visit.

Started by Dretlin, September 14, 2010, 04:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilkyWay

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I've done a lot of reading on Hitler's life.  I'm certain he was  theist.  Tank's point that Addie would've used Christianity as a political tool is spot-on; but he repeatedly referred to "God", the "Almighty", or "Providence" in his private discussions as well, according to several different sources, including William Shirer, John Toland, and Albert Speer.
Interesting.

I think we've all done a lot of reading on Hitler, also Austria and Germany at that time. What I can gleam from what I'm read is that Hitler was half Austrian and half Jewish. He was brought up Catholic as were all Austrians at that time. Germany strongly catholic. They certainly tried to spread their genes far and wide throughout the countries they occupied. I read Hitler dispised the fact he wasn't pure blood Austrian and wanted to ensure a pure German race would rule the world. Of course, you can't believe everything you read but I'm aware of the strong Catholic influence of that time. To call these religious people Atheists is a cop out by those who wish to cast aspertions elsewhere, hide their own sins and sins of their own people. More bloodshed has been spilled in the name of religion than for any other reason.  :)