News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello HAF patrons.

Started by ben.thinkin, September 13, 2010, 12:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben.thinkin

This is my first forum. This is my first post. How 'bout that? I finally found a forum which I'm motivated to join.
My name is Ben, I'm a late bloomer (both in my atheism and my changing "life trajectory") twenty-something (almost thirty-something) y.o. student, musician, compassionista, animal- and human-life loving, complicated, nomadic person. I love all kinds of stuff: from metal, punk and hip hop music to science documentaries to animals to political science; philosophy, sociology, cosmology/astronomy and physics are fascinating subjects as well.

It's really gratifying to find a good, positive forum which discusses topics and ideas that are relevant and important. Glad to be here.

Ben

"If you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." -- Glenn Beck

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. -- Albert Einstein, 1954, from "Albert Einstein: The Human Side", edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

PoopShoot

I didn't realize I was an atheist until I was 30 myself.  Welcome.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

skwurll

Tank

Hi Ben

Welcome to your first forum.

Regards
Chris

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How to discuss efficiently and effectively Before entering  into a serious discussion I implore you to read the first post of this thread.
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
Just a little advice for new Atheists Some thoughts for those new to reality.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

karadan

Welcome Ben. Nice to meet you.  :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Bob T

Welcome Ben...

Quote from: "PoopShoot"I didn't realize I was an atheist until I was 30 myself.  Welcome.

I was 50... :)
Bob T.
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling

McQ

Hello, Ben, and welcome to this, your first forum! Take a look around, ask questions, and join right in.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Ã¥scertain

pinkocommie

Welcome Ben!  I like your name.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

tymygy

Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .