News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

...a refreshing change

Started by Jats, September 14, 2010, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jats

"...well I am so glad to have stumbled upon this, being somewhat of an Atheist evangelist in my travels on forum land, and I look forward to exchanging enlightened views for a change then, along with my usual 'Random Stuff' where you will get used to this odd writing style, perhaps, so greetings to you all then, friend and foe..." Jats smiles

Tank

Hi jats

Welcome aboard.

Regards Chris

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How to discuss efficiently and effectively Before entering  into a serious discussion I implore you to read the first post of this thread.
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
Just a little advice for new Atheists Some thoughts for those new to reality.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Jats

"...why thank you Tank, a pleasure to find this site, and thanks for the links.." as Jats laughs again at the 'How to tell your family you are an atheist' link "...not that I need them, being new here, but not elsewhere, and can proudly boast that 'Parenting Beyond Belief' will not be required either as even my youngest at seven years old has worked it out, though cannily he is hanging on to Santa and the tooth fairy for a bit, still, the links reassure me I have come to the right place then..."

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Welcome Jats.
This forum needs more little green lizards.

Jats

"...thanks..." back from poking around a bit, familiar with this format "...shouldn't be too difficult to blend in here..."

Thumpalumpacus

"It also needs fewer posters referring to themselves in the third person," said Thump.  "But welcome all the same."
Illegitimi non carborundum.

tymygy

tymygy agree.

tymygy welcome you.

tymygy out.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

karadan

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Welcome Jats.

As opposed to big black aliens?

Welcome Jats :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Welcome Jats.

As opposed to big black aliens?

Welcome Jats :)
The piston like motion of that tongue thing is disturbing.
Where's Sigourney when you need her?

Jats

"...thanks all..." says Jats sincerely and blearily on his second cuppa now "...I did warn you about the writing style, you will get used to it, or not, I just find it useful to avoid being banned on many a site as most mods haven't got a clue or the attention span to figure out what you are getting at, particularly those god fearing or family type sites, and if I am banned just because of it, usually at so called writers sites which are usually just full of critics, then I care not, for there are as many forums on the Internet as there are stars in the night sky..." and for some reason Jats can not get this image out of his head now at the mention of her

The Magic Pudding

Jats I don't like the way your lizard is looking at Sigourney.
A feel compelled to create a diversion.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 245496.htm

tymygy

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Jats I don't like the way your lizard is looking at Sigourney.
A feel compelled to create a diversion.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 245496.htm

haha Thats crazy.  :hmm:
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Jats

"...marvellous read and exactly what 'Random Stuff' is for and look forward to seeing more then, as you will find I rarely move from branch to branch, although from my brief poke about there are a number of interesting places I intend to visit for as my introduction stated it has been a refreshing change to see interesting well thought out debate with more rationale than rhetoric and a few things that made my eyes boggle..."

Ã¥scertain