News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Does anybody else hate this man?

Started by tymygy, September 13, 2010, 09:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NothingSacred

Oh good I don't feel like such a jackass then..how I didn't see through this shit I do not know
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices -William James
Anything worth knowing is difficult to learn- Greek Proverb
what if god ain't looking down what if he's looking up instead-Ani difranco "what if no one's watching

Davin

Shouldn't feel bad even if you were the only one, accepting something that makes sense with what you know as true is perfectly fine. It's when it can be demonstrated that what you accept as true is wrong and you still hold to them that there is a problem. Obviously you no longer think it's right, so instead of feeling bad that you once accepted it as true, feel good that you're getting a more accurate perception of reality.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "NothingSacred"how I didn't see through this shit I do not know
You were less educated then.  They thrive on their audience's lack of education on the subject.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "NothingSacred"Oh good I don't feel like such a jackass then..how I didn't see through this shit I do not know
I used congratulate myself on never believing in god.
But it wasn't really much of a challenge, kind of like walking out of a boring movie.
Some of you guys have escaped the gulag and crossed the frozen wastes to find reason.
I'm glad I never had to, and I'm sorry for the dodgy metaphor.

mafster

navvelline

Quote from: "Parsifal"Apparently, according to some staunch missionaries that I happen to know (and don't like too much), KH was incarcerated because he was about to expose all the lies about evolution hence the evil, satanist, American government had to silence him otherwise their grand plan to deceive the flock with this evolution nonsense to get them to stop believing in God would fail.  Makes sense, doesn't it?

You would think anyone with even the least amount of common sense would see through that bullshit.  :eek:
Quote"I am so good, I will not stop. Five! Now six. Now seven on top!" - Dr. Seuss
Quote"Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000." - Eric Cartman

DropLogic

Quote from: "navvelline"
Quote from: "Parsifal"Apparently, according to some staunch missionaries that I happen to know (and don't like too much), KH was incarcerated because he was about to expose all the lies about evolution hence the evil, satanist, American government had to silence him otherwise their grand plan to deceive the flock with this evolution nonsense to get them to stop believing in God would fail.  Makes sense, doesn't it?

You would think anyone with even the least amount of common sense would see through that bullshit.  :eek:
It's not always that easy.  When you are indoctrinated at a very young age, an idea becomes hardcoded.  It is extremely hard to let go of that belief system no matter how much proof is shoved in your face.  Ending the tyranny of religion requires proper parenting, as in, allowing children to make up their own mind on subjects.  Both of my parents were very religious when I was born, but they let me decide for myself.

Gawen

Quote from: "navvelline"You would think anyone with even the least amount of common sense would see through that bullshit.  :eek:
You would think....but when one is filled with their particular flavour of the holy spirit, common sense is purged. I just think of it as bad gas.
Ya love a particular food and it gives you bad gas. You eat it anyway cause it makes you happy. Only those who love the same foods and get bad gas can appreciate the stench.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

DropLogic

Quote from: "Gawen"
Quote from: "navvelline"You would think anyone with even the least amount of common sense would see through that bullshit.  :eek:
You would think....but when one is filled with their particular flavour of the holy spirit, common sense is purged. I just think of it as bad gas.
Ya love a particular food and it gives you bad gas. You eat it anyway cause it makes you happy. Only those who love the same foods and get bad gas can appreciate the stench.
Chipotle.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "DropLogic"Chipotle.
I love chipotle, but I can't eat it, due to all the blood stains it leaves on my underwear.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

MariaEvri

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "DropLogic"Chipotle.
I love chipotle, but I can't eat it, due to all the blood stains it leaves on my underwear.

have you tried chipotlaway
?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com