News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Federal Judge Strikes Down Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Started by Velma, September 10, 2010, 02:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Obama, if he does anything at all, will wait until after the election before acting on such a divisive issue.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Sophus

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Obama, if he does anything at all, will wait until after the election before acting on such a divisive issue.
I think you're right but I still can't see the reasoning behind this because the polls are in the Democrats favor here. He needs to do something to get his supporters fired up about voting. This is a way to do that.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

notself

Sophus,

I agree. Obama has been abusing his base.  He can end DADT.  He could close the prison at Guantanamo and move the inmates to a SuperMax in Illinois who would welcome the jobs and influx of Federal money.  He could end rendition which is nothing but torture by proxy.  He could shine light on government actions taken under the Patriot Act.  If he did these things he would energize his base.

He most likely won't do any of these things, but he will complain when the Republicans control both houses of Congress.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Obama, if he does anything at all, will wait until after the election before acting on such a divisive issue.
I think you're right but I still can't see the reasoning behind this because the polls are in the Democrats favor here. He needs to do something to get his supporters fired up about voting. This is a way to do that.

I agree.  I am disappointed in his sense of caution, on this as well as other issues.  There are times when you just gotta roll the bones.  Seven-come-eleven!
Illegitimi non carborundum.