News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Church without god?

Started by WhichWayDidHeGo, September 13, 2010, 01:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: "AreEl"The UU stuff is for losers. Go there if the shoe fits.

I don't know what you deal is but calling people loosers for no reason is against forum rules..maybe you should read them..

Also, I'd hardly consider retail therapy in the form of expensive purchases so that you can buy your way into a club is a good means of finding a community of quality people...if one where into bragging about their possession it might be for them though.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "AreEl"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Where do I sign up to get a yacht issued to me?

I am serious. If your credit/equity is good, you can get a loan for a yacht. $100,000 or so will get you an acceptable used yacht. Yachtsmen are gregarious and will take under their wing a neophyte.

If yachting is too costly, a motor home is a good alternative: buy a motor home and join a club with weekly outings. People with motor homes come in all income levels and are very family-oriented.

One last thing:

Quote from: "WhichWayDidHeGo"I'm in Orange County California, so I'm going to go to the local Council for Secular Humanism a try next Sunday.

I don't know what these things are like in SoCal but I have an acquaintance who is in such a group here. I've attended two of their meetings and they impressed me as a group of frustrated intellectuals who - for the most part - didn't work, or were underemployed. Not good role models, suffice it to say.

What about if you're an unemployed single father?  I can afford a canoe.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

AreEl

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "AreEl"The UU stuff is for losers. Go there if the shoe fits.

I don't know what you deal is but calling people loosers for no reason is against forum rules..maybe you should read them..

Also, I'd hardly consider retail therapy in the form of expensive purchases so that you can buy your way into a club is a good means of finding a community of quality people...if one where into bragging about their possession it might be for them though.

I am not talking about retail therapy at all. Nor am I calling individuals here losers. Go back and read the posts of this thread in order and avoid jumping to conclusions.  I would expect you - an atheist - to see what is there, not what you want to be there.

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"What about if you're an unemployed single father? I can afford a canoe.

Unemployed single father...that's tough. You'll have a hard time joining a yacht club...and it will be impossible for you to buy a motor home.

This thread underscores the difficulties WhichWayDidHeGo will encounter when trying to replace a Christian church with something else which may provide a nurturing environment for his family. The alternatives suggested by the various posters are all foolish. From the Satanists to the yacht club to the ersatz churches of UU & secular humanists...all foolish.
''I believe in God...it's his ground crew I have a problem with!''  -a former coworker

PoopShoot

And how are churches of an atheist persuasion any more foolish than churches of a theist persuasion?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "AreEl"This thread underscores the difficulties WhichWayDidHeGo will encounter when trying to replace a Christian church with something else which may provide a nurturing environment for his family. The alternatives suggested by the various posters are all foolish. From the Satanists to the yacht club to the ersatz churches of UU & secular humanists...all foolish.

I suggest you ask the many tens of thousands of Catholic children worldwide their opinion of the "nurturing environment" of a Christian church.  I daresay you'll gain a different perspective.

Lest you think this is a Catholic problem, look here.

Now, you were saying?
Illegitimi non carborundum.