News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

"Ten Questions Every Intelligent Atheist Should Answer"

Started by omfgzmariah, September 05, 2010, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notself

The oldest religion is animism which is still practiced in many parts of the world.  Hinduism is also much older than Judaism by thousands of years.  The Jewish religion isn't even the first monotheistic religion.

There are two versions of the creation of humans.  The first in Genesis 1 male and female were created at the same time and in the image of god.
Quote27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

The story of the male being created from mud and the female from a rib is in Genesis 2.  This is one of the many glaring inconsistencies of the bible.

elliebean

Idk why I didn't notice this before, but now that I have it's going to make me crazy. Can one of the mods fix the spelling in the title of this thread?

Or are we talking about those of us who are the most athy. I bet I'm athier than just about anyone.  :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

Quote from: "elliebean"Idk why I didn't notice this before, but now that I have it's going to make me crazy. Can one of the mods fix the spelling in the title of this thread?

lol, I will go fix it...but only because the OP wasn't actually posted by the video guy.  (I make that same typo myself more often than I'd like to admit)

MilkyWay

Probably the oldest religion involved fire, the great god fire. Can't you just see those cavemen sitting around the campfire roasting whatever animal they could catch and beat over the head. Hot food, yum, beats eating all those bitter leaves and berries - good job we had an appendix then too, it sure got used then. Manmade god, fire or deity, sacrifice to the crop god so we'll have wheat, we'll have potatoes instead of blight. There has to be something of higher authority than us humans they thought, from ignorance stems superstition. Man made gods/deities in man's image, man made religions to wage war and control the masses.

From the dirt, in a way that's where we came from, from the first amino acid, from a pool of gooey water, to eventually crawl on land. From ribs/bones, in a way as we all have backbones and dna. Of course the female coming second was a ploy to demote females, we see this throughout history. Not just in religions also within ancient tribes. When it is blatant it is so offensive. So many scriptures thrown to the wind because they spoke of a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus. So much bending of truths to the point that religions are fairytales. Used and abused to kick sand in the face of women. Keep them pregnant and barefoot. The bible, written by men for men. Men who wish to be king.

Ten questions every believer should answer.

Where is god
Who is god
How old is god
What is god made of
Does god have a lisp or is he perfect
Why is god male
Where does god vacation
If he looks like us and he's male then does he also look like me, I'm female, how can that be
Did god come about by way of intelligent design
So, who designed him

Seems we could have more questions to ask them than they have to ask of us. Only their answers are predictable and without any scientific backing.
 :)

Thumpalumpacus

Why would any ruler give his subjects "free will" and then punish them for not using it in the way he desires?  Is that really free at all?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Why would any ruler give his subjects "free will" and then punish them for not using it in the way he desires?  Is that really free at all?
Why is sky daddy even a ruler? A ruler is only so when he's recognised as such. Thus, no god rules MY world.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "omfgzmariah"I tried to type out the questions he asks, because it's slightly hard to follow.
But my rewording was for me to understand, so I guess they might be hard to follow too.

1. If there is no god, why is there anything at all? Where did the universe come from?
If there is a god, how long did he hold in the fart used to crated the universe? Seriously? This question again? Anyone else want to shove their head through a wall reading this?
2. Where is the evidence that life could have begun without intelligent interference?
Give me any proof that your god exists, then maybe, after I finish laughing at it, we can talk.
3. How can evolution explain features like wings?
If you did some studying you might figure it out...but you won't and I'm not about to teach you either.
4. How can the evolutionary model be true since the fossil records emerge from the same time?
Not. Even. Going. There.
5. If there is no objective standard of right or wrong? how can anything be wrong?
It's called evolutionary morality. Least ways that's what I call it.
6. Which is the logically defensible answer? Simple to complex OR creationism?
Which has more evidence to back it, evolution or creationism?
7. Natural selection - what came first? The code in the dna or the organism that depends on it for life?
Kinda like the chicken or the egg isn't it?
8. ET intelligence ?
With some current estimation of 1;1,000,000,000 odds of life and 1:1,000,000,000,000 for intelligent life, that's still some pretty good odds for some kinds of alien life form in the universe...
9. What if god is real? and you had to stand before him and answer questions?
Then I'll tell him that he has some real bullshit methods, that he lies, and that I am morally superior to him. Also, all the fun peeps are in hell anyway.
10. Would you recognize god as your creator?
No, no....nope...nien...uhm...fuck no...how many ways can I say it?

I just wanted to see some different intelligent responses.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Why would any ruler give his subjects "free will" and then punish them for not using it in the way he desires?  Is that really free at all?
Why is sky daddy even a ruler? A ruler is only so when he's recognised as such. Thus, no god rules MY world.

Well yeah.  But my point was directed more at the apologists who'd argue that free will is "free" when punishment is promised for the "wrong" choice.

If there is compulsion, then the choice is not free.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Sophus

So I think we're up to six or seven of our own questions right? And we already have one atheist (notself) answering them. :)
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

ciredrallop

Quote from: "omfgzmariah"5. If there is no objective standard of right or wrong? how can anything be wrong?

Questions like this make me really wonder what the masses of hardcore religious people would do if there ever came a day when any type of creator's existence was undoubtedly proven wrong. It is a common enough question so they must really feel that the only reason why they do good in life is tied to their belief in a god. Instead of answering this question I would wonder how they can conclude that there is no wrong if there is no god. Not to mention how a country bumpkin like myself understands right and wrong without understanding how others can conclude there is a god.

:devil: