News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

After weeks of lurking.....

Started by Velma, September 05, 2010, 02:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

I finally decided it was time to join.  It was rather silly to spend so much time here reading what was going on and not contributing.  

Hmmm......what to tell you.....didn't become an atheist until I was 35 - I turned 47 this year.  Before that I was, a various times, a catholic and a fundamentalist christian.  Born and raised in Mississippi, I lived there until about three years ago when I moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico to be with family.  Hated it there.  Met someone online at another atheist forum.  In January of this year, I moved to Missouri to be with him and we got married July 10th of this year.  Neither of us have any kids.  Oh, and I have returned to school to become a pharmacy technician.

At various other atheist forums I have been active on, I've been a mod and an admin.  However, I'm just looking for a place where I can kick back, relax, and leave the work to other folk.   ;)   Glad to finally be here and I look forward to jumping right in.

Did I mention that Tank directed me to this place?
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Welcome Velma. It's great to see you arrive  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Hello, Tank!  Took me long enough, didn't it?    lol
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Welcome Velma, there are a couple of other white cats around here somewhere.

Velma

Thanks, The Magic Pudding.  I guess my avatar wasn't as original as I thought.   :)   I am a cat lover.  My husband and I have three of them.

McQ

Welcome, Velma. Thanks for the intro.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "Velma"Hello, Tank!  Took me long enough, didn't it?    :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Velma"Hello, Tank!  Took me long enough, didn't it?    :D
I suppose it is.   :)