News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

President Obama is a Muslim

Started by Tank, August 19, 2010, 05:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

That's a lot of people listening to Car Talk.  Click and Clack rule.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Sophus

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I've thought the same myself, given his careful skirting of the issue.

I also wonder if he didn't secretly welcome the ado about Jeremiah Wright, as it allowed him to wave "faith" around vicariously.
The one thing that makes me think he could be serious about his Christian faith is that he has attended a church in the past before becoming president was even a real thought.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I've thought the same myself, given his careful skirting of the issue.

I also wonder if he didn't secretly welcome the ado about Jeremiah Wright, as it allowed him to wave "faith" around vicariously.
The one thing that makes me think he could be serious about his Christian faith is that he has attended a church in the past before becoming president was even a real thought.

Yeah, but he's been involved in politics for awhile.  Running for president takes a lot of planning and money, so I'd imagine he'd been thinking of that for years before he actually ran for office.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Thumpalumpacus

Yeah, I don't have any shred of evidence for my guess.  It's just a hunch, and therefore pretty worthless.
Illegitimi non carborundum.