News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The NEW Christian attack on Obama

Started by Martin TK, August 21, 2010, 02:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin TK

Did any of you hear what the Right Reverend Franklin Graham had to say about our President, today?

He said, and I quote, "Obama's problem is that he was born a Muslim. His father was Muslim, and the seed of Islam is passed to the child from the Father, just as the seed of Judeism is passed through the Mother."

Really, the "seed" is passed.. He said, "you can be born a Muslim and born a Jew, but you can't be born a Christian." WOW, again.... There is NO actual seed, and President Obama's father actually renounced the Muslim Faith, prior to Obama's birth. Further, President Obama wasn't raised by his father, but by his mother and his grandmother. These statements are NOTHING more than RACISM in the worst way, made over bigotry.

This is repugnant mythology, put forth by Graham. Obama embraces all religions as having a fundamental RIGHT to be practiced in this country. It's a scare tactic in an election year, NOTHING more or less than that.
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

humblesmurph

It's such an insidious attack.  Mr. Obama can do no more than profess his faith in Christ.  His unwillingness to attack Islam is being painted as unpatriotic.  Hopefully, other religious types will come out to support the President.

Will

I'm pretty sure President Obama's father was an atheist, or at least he de-converted at some point before he met the president's mother.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Martin TK"Did any of you hear what the Right Reverend Franklin Graham had to say about our President, today?

He said, and I quote, "Obama's problem is that he was born a Muslim. His father was Muslim, and the seed of Islam is passed to the child from the Father, just as the seed of Judeism is passed through the Mother."
That's interesting, locally public figures tend to resort to the dog whistle technique to send a racist message.
If you're unfamiliar with the dog whistle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
But if it's acceptable to say "Obama's problem is that he was born a Muslim" there is no need for the dog whistle.

Thumpalumpacus

Honestly, I think it's just conservatards getting all the mileage they can out of a name that sounds foreign, and, unfortunately, rhymes with "Osama".

Or, to twist a Mencken phrase around a bit, no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Martin TK

Quote from: "Will"I'm pretty sure President Obama's father was an atheist, or at least he de-converted at some point before he met the president's mother.

I agree with that fact... and of course there is Obama's time in a Muslim School as a kid that the Right LOVES to bring up, but I say going to a Muslim school makes Obama about as Muslim as going to a Catholic School made me a Catholic... NOT..
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Asmodean

Quote from: "Martin TK"I say going to a Muslim school makes Obama about as Muslim as going to a Catholic School made me a Catholic...
:D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.