News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Palin says Law should be based on god of the bible

Started by theTwiz, May 08, 2010, 05:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

Quote from: "jduster"Either you favor the government supplanting our health care system or you do not.  I personally do not.

Why is it important to you to pay more for substandard health care?  Is it that you'd rather get poorer health care and spend more money on it than have a single person you don't feel deserves health care getting it?

Are you aware that people in countries with socialized school systems have more college educated people?  (Hint, hint, we have socialized schooling which now includes sending your child to a charter school if you want - so more choice rather than less)  Are you also aware that in countries with socialized or mixed health care systems they have lower infant mortality rates (America barely rates better than Afghanistan for post natal deaths of mothers and infants.), higher life expectancies, and a higher level of overall health among their citizens.  They also pay less for the quality care they get than we pay for the piss-poor care (longest time before diagnosis of major diseases from onset of any developed nation, highest infant mortality rate of same,and more) and fickle care we get.  

This talk of death panels is bullshit, straight bullshit.  Insurance companies are in existence and they are the death panels.  They can decide to deny coverage for treatment for cancer until treatment is too late.  They can call a liver transplant for a girl whose liver got smashed in an auto accident "experimental treatment" and let the girl die with donors lined up around the block and surgeons ready and able to do the surgery standing by.  They can drop your coverage in an instant, no matter how much you or your employer paid in.  They can send you home straight from ICU with tubing still attached if they want.  And if some of those things are less likely now, it's because of the evil Health Care bill you fear.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "jduster"Clearly, there are distinct differences between Obama and McCain, and McCain making a poor choice of a running mate shouldn't tip the balance.  Either you favor the government supplanting our health care system or you do not.  I personally do not.

Actually, his incredibly poor judgment in nominating Palin, and his obvious willingness to place the nation at risk for the sake of charming the extreme right wing of his own party, both indicate that he lacks the judgment to be a good president.

QuoteLibertarians for Obama.  Interesting.  Isn't he the polar opposite of what they stand for.

This libertarian thinks both candidates put up were flawed, and voted for the one who seemed less-so.   As Kylyssa pointed out, McCain's advanced age made his death in office a serious possibility, and Sarah Palin is hardly qualified to run a Kwik-e-Mart.  Given the scandal following her around, my thinking on her is not just based on the deep contempt I have for her utter lack of intellectual rigor.

QuoteIt's unfortunate that the GOP doesn't have any great candidates.  It's unfortunate, I have to say, that no politican alive today can save us from our problems.  We just have to settle for the lesser of the two evils.

I'm glad the GOP has no great candidates.  They are by far the greatest threat to American liberty in the 21st century.  Yes, moreso than bin-Laden.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

KDbeads

Quote from: "Kylyssa"
Quote from: "jduster"Either you favor the government supplanting our health care system or you do not.  I personally do not.
Insurance companies are in existence and they are the death panels.  They can decide to deny coverage for treatment for cancer until treatment is too late.  They can call a liver transplant for a girl whose liver got smashed in an auto accident "experimental treatment" and let the girl die with donors lined up around the block and surgeons ready and able to do the surgery standing by.  They can drop your coverage in an instant, no matter how much you or your employer paid in.  They can send you home straight from ICU with tubing still attached if they want.  And if some of those things are less likely now, it's because of the evil Health Care bill you fear.

Let's add to this the insurance companies that would rather pay for ongoing treatment instead of preventative care.  Or the company when asked to cover a hysterectomy for a woman who would suffer severe problems in pregnancy possibly including death, refuses to budge and insists on hormonal birth control instead that severely affects her blood pressure causing her to be on high doses of BP meds.  (ask me about this nightmare, I'm living it)
You and your doctor are not in control of your health care in this country.  The insurance companies are.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"
Insurance companies are in existence and they are the death panels.  They can decide to deny coverage for treatment for cancer until treatment is too late.  They can call a liver transplant for a girl whose liver got smashed in an auto accident "experimental treatment" and let the girl die with donors lined up around the block and surgeons ready and able to do the surgery standing by.  They can drop your coverage in an instant, no matter how much you or your employer paid in.  They can send you home straight from ICU with tubing still attached if they want.  And if some of those things are less likely now, it's because of the evil Health Care bill you fear.

Let's add to this the insurance companies that would rather pay for ongoing treatment instead of preventative care.  Or the company when asked to cover a hysterectomy for a woman who would suffer severe problems in pregnancy possibly including death, refuses to budge and insists on hormonal birth control instead that severely affects her blood pressure causing her to be on high doses of BP meds.  (ask me about this nightmare, I'm living it)
You and your doctor are not in control of your health care in this country.  The insurance companies are.

Ah, but that's freedom!
Illegitimi non carborundum.