News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by McQ, June 29, 2006, 02:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Greetings, folks. Found this forum when your moderator came into one I'm currently an Executive Member of: "Ionian Spirit" forum. Thought I'd come in and give it a go.
I'm a former military aviator. I currently work as a Hematlogy/Oncology Consultant for a biotech company. I also get lots of work as an actor when I have the time. Married, with four sons. My interests are listed in my profile, so I won't repeat them here. I am a former Roman Catholic, however have also been a member of Southern Baptist and Methodist Churches. Obviously do not hold those xtian beliefs any more.
To me, science and the scientific method are the key to getting to the truth of nature and the world in which we live. I have a skeptical personality, and believe in teaching critical thinking to kids and adults.
Looking forward to this forum. However, the "nOOb" tag had better disappear fast...I hate that word! LOL! Negative connotation to me. A bit like being called a dipstick.
McQ
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Welcome, McQ.  Sounds like you have had a very fulfilling life so far.

(the n00b tag goes away after 5 posts....lol)  I'm not sure what I think of the n00b title either...I couldn't think of something else when I was throwing titles together...I think I'll change it to "new member" for now...less condescending.

McQ

Well, I had better get my five posts in fast then! LOL!
Thanks for the welcome, laetusatheos!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

What part of PA are you from?  I grew up in Whitehall and got the hell out.  My plan is to only go back when people die.  (OK, that's a little mean but it's true.)  

I, too, am a Penn and Teller fan and former Roman Catholic.   Is there a connection?   (?)  

I still root for the Eagles.  And I totally miss Philly cheesesteaks!  Anyway, nice to meet you.

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"What part of PA are you from?  I grew up in Whitehall and got the hell out.  My plan is to only go back when people die.  (OK, that's a little mean but it's true.)  

I, too, am a Penn and Teller fan and former Roman Catholic.   Is there a connection?   (?)  

I still root for the Eagles.  And I totally miss Philly cheesesteaks!  Anyway, nice to meet you.

I grew up outside of Philly, in Blue Bell. Live in Lancaster County now. Even this close (60 miles) to Philly you can't get a good Cheesesteak. Gotta get as close as the Main Line for them.

And what's not to like in PA, may I ask? The overwhelming taxes, the crowds, the East Coast Hustle, the stink-like-hell Eagles, the snow, sleet, rain, crappy roads. C'mon! LOL!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Quote from: "McQ"And what's not to like in PA, may I ask? The overwhelming taxes, the crowds, the East Coast Hustle, the stink-like-hell Eagles, the snow, sleet, rain, crappy roads. C'mon! LOL!

You really nailed it.  I'm having a flashback...and it smells like cow!