News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Sometimes The Christian God Gets A Little Rapey

Started by pinkocommie, June 30, 2010, 01:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coltcat

Quote from: "Dretlin"I am so sorry you Americans have to put up with this nonsense. Hopefully she is very much in the minority (a very loud minority sadly).
ppl may start to redefine the freedom of speech.
good lord, this kind of things (to me) are just overretarded to have some public convention.
Off course there is a god , Who else do you thinks brought us pastas?

GAYtheist

This is actually the main reason I'm an Atheist. I think  it is cruel and sick for Christians to tell people that it is part of God's plan. I have actually been told that what happened to me was a test of faith. Not kidding. Grrrrr.... :brick:  :brick:  :brick:
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

philosoraptor

Unfortunately, I don't think this viewpoint is entirely uncommon amongst Christians.  I've heard religious people say time and time again that God has a plan for everything.  Does He really?  11 years later, I'm still waiting for the reveal on the positive aspects of being sexually assaulted.  Whenever I hear stuff like this, it feels like a slap in the face, as I imagine it would to many other victims of rape or incest being told they should be forced to carry that child because God has a plan.  You want to believe that God sees rape and allows it to happen because somewhere, it MIGHT have a positive outcome?  Fine, feel free.  Meanwhile, I'll also feel free to think that's the most asinine thing I've heard in awhile.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

GAYtheist

Quote from: "philosoraptor"Unfortunately, I don't think this viewpoint is entirely uncommon amongst Christians.  I've heard religious people say time and time again that God has a plan for everything.  Does He really?  11 years later, I'm still waiting for the reveal on the positive aspects of being sexually assaulted.  Whenever I hear stuff like this, it feels like a slap in the face, as I imagine it would to many other victims of rape or incest being told they should be forced to carry that child because God has a plan.  You want to believe that God sees rape and allows it to happen because somewhere, it MIGHT have a positive outcome?  Fine, feel free.  Meanwhile, I'll also feel free to think that's the most asinine thing I've heard in awhile.

"But God won't intercede free will."  :brick: Right...Again...

1) God sees evil and does nothing, he is not benevolent.
2) God sees evil and can't do anything, he is not omnipotent.
3) God cannot see all the evil in the world, he is omnipresent.

God does not exist.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Anthemyst

Quote from: "GAYtheist"This is actually the main reason I'm an Atheist. I think  it is cruel and sick for Christians to tell people that it is part of God's plan. I have actually been told that what happened to me was a test of faith. Not kidding. Grrrrr.... :brick:  :brick:  :brick:

Ugh, 'test of faith'. How disgusting. If a man punched his wife in the face to test her love, we would rightly call that man psychotic and abusive, and advice the woman to get a divorce. Why are moral expectations so much lower for God?
I like that after the flood, the first thing that Noah does is plant a vineyard because, when you're one of eight people left in the world and you have to repopulate the earth with your 600+ year old wife, that's when you really need a drink, isn't it?

AHeathenReadstheBible.com

McQ

I just want to add that I would vote for this thread as having the best title of any thread on the forum since it started. And I've been here since it started, so that's a lot of threads and titles. Thanks to pinkocommie for starting the thread!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

pinkocommie

Quote from: "McQ"I just want to add that I would vote for this thread as having the best title of any thread on the forum since it started. And I've been here since it started, so that's a lot of threads and titles. Thanks to pinkocommie for starting the thread!

:blush:  Haha, thanks.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/