News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Vatican law labels sex abuse, female priests as crimes

Started by Tom62, July 17, 2010, 06:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Pedophilia is a sin, says the Pope, but so is any attempt to ordain female priests. In the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church, both are equally “grave delicts,” according to revisions in internal Vatican laws published Thursday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article ... -as-crimes
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Thumpalumpacus

Yes, learning from women is the same as buggering little boys.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

I do hope the Pope keeps this sort of thing up, it can only help show up Catholicism for the misogynistic force it is and that is a good thing!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dretlin

Catholicism is it's own worst enemy (and reason of course).

karadan

Such astonishingly counter intuitive and patently incorrect views expressed by one figurehead - which are sympathised with by over a billion people across the planet - scares the hell out of me.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Dretlin

Quote from: "karadan"Such astonishingly counter intuitive and patently incorrect views expressed by one figurehead - which are sympathised with by over a billion people across the planet - scares the hell out of me.

Thankfully, it is unlikely over billion. It could be significantly less. Even if you are not a practising catholic anymore, if you were baptised or converted, you are still counted unless you formally leave the church, which is an official process.