News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

OH My, Obama is a Muslim!?

Started by MetalFang, June 22, 2010, 08:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

Quote from: "RappingAgnostic"
Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "RappingAgnostic"He's also a Nazi Commie Fascist evil liberal pussy.
:raised:  :raised:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

i_am_i

MetalFang, would it be too much trouble for you to explain why you started this thread?
Call me J

Sapere aude

karadan

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "MetalFang"
Quote from: "pinkocommie"I would strongly urge you to consider the source of this information before perpetuating an unsubstantiated rumor yourself about the president's faith.  Also, who cares?

Too bad you don't see my sarcasm to my post.

:P are there so you can indicate you are joking  :P
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

MetalFang

Quote from: "i_am_i"MetalFang, would it be too much trouble for you to explain why you started this thread?

Christians consider their religion to be the most "tolerant", "loving" and "accepting". But yet they are outraged to hear that Obama is Muslim. That was my point, thought other would like to comment on that.
"Extraordinary Claims require extraordinary evidence" yeah Carl Sagan was the one who said that.  But, while supporting evidence strengthen our beliefs, negative evidence seldom weakens them, just like a ratchet in tightening a nut.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "MetalFang"
Quote from: "i_am_i"MetalFang, would it be too much trouble for you to explain why you started this thread?

Christians consider their religion to be the most "tolerant", "loving" and "accepting". But yet they are outraged to hear that Obama is Muslim. That was my point, thought other would like to comment on that.

Dissentients will arouse anger in most fundamentalists, and many supposedly tolerant individuals; other faiths, or a lack of faith, are affronts because they suggest the possibility of error.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

theTwiz

HAY GUISE I HERD SARAH PALIN IS SO AMAZING IN CHURCH SHE MAKES JESUS ORGASM THAT MEANS SHE'S THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

BRACKET FORWARD-SLASH SARCASM BRACKET
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tanker

I remember reading some fundie article during the election. Within the same paragraph he was both accuesed of being a Muslim and an Atheist (and a commie and a nazi and an illeagal immigrant, ect) I just thought it was insanly funny at the time.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Caecilian

Quote from: "Tanker"I remember reading some fundie article during the election. Within the same paragraph he was both accuesed of being a Muslim and an Atheist (and a commie and a nazi and an illeagal immigrant, ect) I just thought it was insanely funny at the time.

I think that the 'insanely' is the important bit, so I highlighted it.

What with tea parties and birthers and militias and palin and rand paul and sharonn whatshername and everything else, it seems that a substantial section of the American population has gone batshit crazy. Or maybe they were batshit crazy already, and the kookies have only just started emerging from the woodwork. Or (very optimistically) maybe its all a media exaggeration. I live in the UK, which is very sane and boring by comparison, so its hard to tell.

Thumpalumpacus

No, the most of us Americans seem to regard these folk as knuckleheads, and rightly so, imo.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Davin

Quote from: "Caecilian"
Quote from: "Tanker"I remember reading some fundie article during the election. Within the same paragraph he was both accuesed of being a Muslim and an Atheist (and a commie and a nazi and an illeagal immigrant, ect) I just thought it was insanely funny at the time.

I think that the 'insanely' is the important bit, so I highlighted it.

What with tea parties and birthers and militias and palin and rand paul and sharonn whatshername and everything else, it seems that a substantial section of the American population has gone batshit crazy. Or maybe they were batshit crazy already, and the kookies have only just started emerging from the woodwork. Or (very optimistically) maybe its all a media exaggeration. I live in the UK, which is very sane and boring by comparison, so its hard to tell.
It happens every time the economy takes a shot, it's just worse now because people that didn't seem to care much about public education had been in charge for most of the last 20 years. Because statistics have shown that a better education leads to fewer religious nutters. In the state I live in they care so much about education that when the state was a looking at things to cut, the biggest chunk taken was education, second to that was firing almost a quarter of all peace officers. What they didn't cut was the stupid $1.5 billion speed enforcement cameras project. So soon I'll be surrounded by a bunch of uncontrolled idiots that are only not speeding for the 3 seconds when they're passing the speed enforcement cameras. I fully expect sanity to begin gaining ground again as the economy start doing better, maybe we'll even be able to restore the education.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.