News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2022, 02:31:36 AMIt bothers me that there's only a working brake on one wheel. Don't know who is going to crash it through the gate when the last brake fails but I hope it isn't me.

the brake stuff is kind of, important.

is it a fix they wiuld let you do?

more people have been to berlin than i have

Asmodean

Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2022, 02:31:36 AMAs someone who occasionally drives a dump truck with an axle so bent you don't have both dual wheels on either side touching pavement without a substantial load... That missing wheel is important. The bigger the truck the more it counts on points of contact.

I can live with ours not having a straight axle. It bothers me that there's only a working brake on one wheel. Don't know who is going to crash it through the gate when the last brake fails but I hope it isn't me.
I can see that, but this was one of them... Them-looking things, only with bigger huwheels (Or maybe same wheel size, though in a smaller vehicle)

A crane or a bridge or some combination thereof, methinks. Its load under transport is basically whatever is always on its back.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2022, 05:55:24 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2022, 02:31:36 AMIt bothers me that there's only a working brake on one wheel. Don't know who is going to crash it through the gate when the last brake fails but I hope it isn't me.

the brake stuff is kind of, important.

is it a fix they wiuld let you do?

They keep talking about fixing it. Honestly, if it worked properly another department would say they needed the truck and get it, which would put us in a terrible bind. That's probably part of the reason for putting it off.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

well keep the door unlocked so you can jump

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2022, 05:23:16 PMwell keep the door unlocked so you can jump

The doors don't lock. Some days the windows don't even go up and down. Today I got a photo of the truck going down the road. Two out of four wheels touching pavement. Too bad I can't post it here.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

*cough* anonymous call to OSHA *cough*

billy rubin

equinox!

tonight at 2103 EST

that would be GMT plus five.

this evening i can stand on my front porch and watch the sun set behind my neighbors barn on the ridgetop two miles to the west. it only does that twice per year.

tomorrow it will set one diameter north of the barn.

the big cosmic clock ticks twice per year, and i wont get another tick for six months.