News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on December 21, 2021, 07:55:00 AM
If you're swimming to a spot where you anticipate having a use for a bucket, it seems eminently sensible to carry it that way.

It is traditional to take a bucket to the beach, did anyone notice where he kept his spade?

Reason for edit: Clicked wrong button.  - R
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2021, 09:52:12 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on December 20, 2021, 09:15:25 PM
i thought everybody in brazil was a beach person

I must not be a typical Brazilian :lol:

The Girl From Ipanema, what a classic timeless tune, this is my favourite version, it just takes me away to sultry South American sands.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 21, 2021, 09:20:08 AM
If you're swimming to a spot where you anticipate having a use for a bucket, it seems eminently sensible to carry it that way.

It is traditional to take a bucket to the beach, did anyone notice where he kept his spade?

:lol:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Bingo!  ;D He started digging up some molluscs or crustaceans on the shore and putting them in the bucket shortly after.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

He wanted to go for a swim, first. But if Brazil is anything like California, if he had left the bucket on the beach, it wouldn't be there when he got back.

billy rubin

perhaps its a philosophical statement regarding some manner of belief

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

lol

i have torn a muscle in my back, so my lovely wife is drivng me to town for remedies.

she does not like parking larger vehicles and considers this first attempt  totally adequate.

as a professional driver, i could not leave a vehicle this way. but she is a left handed blond pisces born in the year of the dragon so i dont try to complicate my relationship

i just laugh

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Yeah, I have to agree, that is one comical parking job.  :thumbsup2: :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

she is from chicago and never drove a vehicle of any kind until later in life

and still has somewhat unorthodox skills

Icarus

Don't complain Billy, all four wheels are still on the tarmac.   One more thing: Good wives are hard to find and should have their husbands cut them some slack. 

But the parking job was a bit less than the preferential mode.   

Come to think of it, some of the Florida drivers are also less than mindful of their parking etiquette.

Ecurb Noselrub

I thought this was going to be a joke about a Trump supporter.

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 03, 2022, 02:56:17 AM

Are there still any left? All posts the I see about Trump on social media nowadays are from liberals. It seems to me that they miss Trump more than the conservatives.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2022, 07:03:13 AM

Are there still any left? All posts the I see about Trump on social media nowadays are from liberals. It seems to me that they miss Trump more than the conservatives.

The numbers speak for themselves.
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on January 03, 2022, 04:57:22 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2022, 07:03:13 AM

The numbers speak for themselves.

Those polls are appalling.  :( Well, there's a couple more years for him to choke on a Big Mac. :smilenod: