News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I cajoled wife into watching the Hogfather a couple of Decembers ago, she wants to want to watch it again, 'tis the season.  :)
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 15, 2021, 01:09:00 PM
I cajoled wife into watching the Hogfather a couple of Decembers ago, she wants to want to watch it again, 'tis the season.  :)

Have you seen the adaption of 'Going Postal' yet? Claire Foy IS Adora Belle Dearheart. Top class casting and acting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2021, 07:12:55 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 15, 2021, 01:09:00 PM

Have you seen the adaption of 'Going Postal' yet? Claire Foy IS Adora Belle Dearheart. Top class casting and acting.

Ye and The Colour of Magic, Troll Bridge and Good Omens.
I was expecting Troll Bridge to be longer, it's on Youtube

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Loved the song over the end credits :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Right now I'm chillin' on a beach a little north of where I live.  :hammock: Tomorrow I'll be heading further north to visit family for Christmas. 

I'm not much of a beach person, and it's been a while since I've set foot on the sand  but it's been fun! And this part of the Brazilian coastline is absolutely gorgeous (photos soon!). :tellmemore:

So far, I've occupied myself by keeping tabs on the match between my mother and the ocean waves (FYI,  mom 0 x Waves 5275) and struggling to get Aladdin's flying beach carpet to calm down on the floor. I did eventually.

I swear to god some guy just swum past me with a white bucket on his head. I took a few pics because nobody would believe me! :lol:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

That's probably Buckethead the musician, on vacation.  :P

hermes2015

Yes, photos please. Brazilians are cute.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i thought everybody in brazil was a beach person

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 20, 2021, 06:35:30 PM
Yes, photos please. Brazilians are cute.

Sorry to disappoint, I opted to go only visit beaches far from the more touristy circuit, so there were way less people.  :P

But, there were:

Seagulls.

Ancient pillars to hold the sky.

Boulders on sand grains.

Views from high up trekking paths.

Ridges flanking the shore.

There was even a pirate ship. I wonder where they were heading to bury their treasure?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 20, 2021, 03:35:49 PM
That's probably Buckethead the musician, on vacation.  :P

:lol:

Unfortunately the quality of these photos aren't very good because he was so far away, but here he is (zoomed in):

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on December 20, 2021, 09:15:25 PM
i thought everybody in brazil was a beach person

I must not be a typical Brazilian :lol:

Icarus

I cannot imagine that you are a typical Brazilian or typical of any other nations.  Here, I am interpreting the word typical to be synonymous or at least similar to the word; ordinary. You are far from ordinary. 

Semantic gaming not intended. I hang around this forum because I am exposed to some pretty damned intelligent people with whom I am pleased to associate.  Yeah, yeah, I know it is ill advised to count one's self as too many. Despite that wisdom, I claim that We and you are special....and we ain't, any of us, typical.   To hell with Dunning and Kruger. 

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

He must be an unattractive foreigner, ashamed of his looks compared to all the gorgeous Brazilian guys at the beach.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

If you're swimming to a spot where you anticipate having a use for a bucket, it seems eminently sensible to carry it that way.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken