News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Mrs Git and I celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary today.  We're going out for a big pig-out.
Mrs Git has been a wonderful wife and we're still as as happy as we were, even though the relationship has changed enormously.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on July 17, 2016, 06:23:19 PM
Mrs Git and I celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary today.  We're going out for a big pig-out.
Mrs Git has been a wonderful wife and we're still as as happy as we were, even though the relationship has changed enormously.
Congratulations!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

I second Tank's opinion.

Have a good pig-out!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Congrats to OG and Mrs. OG.

I'd be privileged to buy you both a celebratory drink if only I were nearby.  If you ever holiday in Florida I will make good on that promise. Cheers anyway.

Magdalena

Congratulations, OldGit:hug:
It makes me happy to hear both of you are happy. Relationships do change enormously over the years, don't they? Some can't adapt to the changes all of us go through as we get older. But to be able to stay in a happy relationship with your best friend for 45 years is priceless.   :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

gentle_dissident

FedEx Home tracking showed my graphics tablet delivered to my door 30 minutes before I got home. It wasn't there. They opened a case. I remained calm, as I was sure there was an error. A few hours later, UPS delivered it! Right after I closed the door, FedEx called. I let them know. The agent said she had no idea what happened, even though it was obvious. LOL

I talked to the wife of the person who previously ran FedEx Home here the last time something went wrong. She said she hears it all the time now. I wish I could specify a different carrier. The last time I saw such unprofessionalism was with the USPS. I called up a head honcho. Shortly after that, the USPS added complimentary insurance. LOL

gentle_dissident

Mrs Git and I celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary today.
Yay! We're about 14 years in (still shacked up). Fortunately, we have similar mental disorders (sensitive people brought up in insensitive environments). That's been a boon and a roller coaster. The hardest part has been dealing with her 2nd latency period. She assures me that it's almost over (from what she's read), and that I won't be able to keep her off me.

Dave

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 20, 2016, 10:03:02 PM
FedEx Home tracking showed my graphics tablet delivered to my door 30 minutes before I got home. It wasn't there. They opened a case. I remained calm, as I was sure there was an error. A few hours later, UPS delivered it! Right after I closed the door, FedEx called. I let them know. The agent said she had no idea what happened, even though it was obvious. LOL

I talked to the wife of the person who previously ran FedEx Home here the last time something went wrong. She said she hears it all the time now. I wish I could specify a different carrier. The last time I saw such unprofessionalism was with the USPS. I called up a head honcho. Shortly after that, the USPS added complimentary insurance. LOL
Amazon UK used to use a company called Yodel.

It took literally hundreds of complaint reviews before they dropped this company. Stuff was thrown over walls, left outside the door on public pavements, not left at all but logged as delivered . . . Then Amazon got their own system. I had something logged by them as delivered at a time when I was home that was not so. It was not signed for so no idea where it went, I know my immediate neighbours. Complained, got another delivery, OK. Two months later same item turned up at the local click-and-collect point.

It was some expensive books that I bought as a gift for the local school's new photography group. Told Amazon, they said, "Keep them". So I did!

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

I quit my overnight stocking job in just a little less than a week! Then I get to go back to being a normal day person!

:frolic:

(Well, normal doesn't describe me or my life very well, but at least it will in this case!)

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony