News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on June 06, 2016, 05:05:25 PM
I went to Pheonix Comicon this last weekend. It was pretty fun.

Special points if you can guess this one:

I love the Megamind pants.  :smilenod:

While wandering around as Pugsley, I finally found my family:

That's great!  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Davin, you are one lucky asshole...

Me, I'm just flying south tomorrow to attend Sweden Rock. Time for awesome rock and metal music (I'm particularly looking forward to Avantasia, Lita Ford and Sabaton!)and the wild hedonistic pleasures of a rock festival camp site.  :headbang:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Sounds nice, that there.

Avantasia, yes, they are pretty good. My third-or-so favourite supergroup. Back in the good old days, I think they actually were number one on that same list. That was before Emotive by APC and before Angels & Airwaves got off the ground.

Lita Ford... Mmm... Not so much. Good, but not my cup of rock.

Sabaton are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I generally dislike the lyrics, but overall they do not score low on my like-list.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I'm moving to Pennsylvania in January!!!!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

For those of us who haven't got a clue, what was the spikes thru the eyes thing?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Buddy, Pennsylvania? WTF? Are you planning to become a Quaker or something?  Oh Yeah, I get it. The Amish drive horse and buggy vehicles.

(Wrong thread, cornpone joke): ........Nathanial and Martha are in their horse drawn buggy, driving down the road.
There is a string tied around the horses balls with the end of the string at the drivers seat
The local constable stops them and says "Nathanial that is animal cruelty, Why have you tied a string to the horses balls?"
Nathanial says: "that is not animal cruelty, it is my passing gear". 

Buddy

Haha no, I got accepted to an automotive tech school outside of Philadelphia. Best part is that they are partnered with MINI.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Buddy on June 08, 2016, 02:36:26 AM
Haha no, I got accepted to an automotive tech school outside of Philadelphia. Best part is that they are partnered with MINI.
Mini as in BMW?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

From horses to horsepower!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 08, 2016, 06:48:17 AM
From horses to horsepower!
The Asmo would have approved, if not for the Mini part of the deal. Have you seen their dashboards?! Appalling.  >:( They have displeased Him and His wrath shall be upon them.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Well, cars don't need feeding or exercising and they don't shit in the garage.  However I fear you'll find that they have their own little quirks.

Best of luck with your new direction, Buddy!

Asmodean

Come to think of it, Buddy is actually a car. (See, He sayethd it with a straight face. He deothd. He is very self-congratulatory over it too)

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Oh no, Asmo has discovered my dark secret!

The MINI course that they offer is completely separate from the BMW course, so I guess that they are still different enough. One cool thing is that when I do take the certification class, MINI will be the one who pays for it.

Claireliontamer

Wow, that is exciting Buddy!  How far is Philadelphia from where you are now? 

Biggus Dickus

I went to Pheonix Comicon this last weekend. It was pretty fun.

Special points if you can guess this one:

It's my Uncle Alphonse. Awesome Davin, you captured his look exactly, except he doesn't smile as much as you are in this picture.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."