News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Are you an Ozzie with raw appeal?

I am cheerful because my lovely daughter arranged (for our Christmas and birthday presents), to take us for a meal to the Sky Garden overlooking Tower Bridge and then a night at the Tower Hotel. It is right next to Tower Bridge, and just about the ugliest building in London, but lovely inside. They do some great deals in January. On Saturday she took us to see a new play; a comedy called 'Hangmen' about the time in the sixties when hanging was abolished and all the issues connected with it. Thought-provoking, especially as there is still some support for it here.  Another meal and then home. All so unexpected.
:cheerleader:
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Biggus Dickus

Although I was under the weather this weekend fighting a cold and cough, I managed to have a decent time in-spite of my ill-health.

Friday afternoon I was out in the woods on my bike and saw a fox, up close...which was very cool.

Saturday I hung out with my son and his girlfriend as they had asked me to assist them in preparing a side dish they could take with them to a dinner party they were invited to which means they basically watched me prepare said side dish, however. We had fun partially because I had created a new Pandora station with the song "Ram, Goat , Liver" 
This after picking the song up from this thread here thanks to Recusant inquisitive nature and Joe's one good-eye.

So we were singing and dancing to the station, having a good time, and we were able to sing along with "Ram, Goat, Liver" because Recusant had posted the lyrics; so then we came up with our own words to the song based on the dish we were preparing which was "Brussel Sprouts, Cinnamon, Butternut Squash".

I'm not saying it was any good, but if you listen to the song you can switch out these words for the other quite easily. It's quite catchy.

Sunday my son and I went to an early viewing of "The Revenant" which we both liked quite a bit, and then afterwards we went out to lunch.
The pub we went to has a ping-pong table, and although my son beat me 3 games to 2 in ping-pong, I more than made up for it by completely owing him in darts...simply destroyed him in both Cricket and 301.

Now I'm at work, but it's an easy day since GM is shut down for MLK day (Canadian plants are open, so there is some activity, but it's a good day for a Monday)

Sure it's -8C outside right now, but the sun is shining, there's no wind and practically zero traffic on the way in.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Sounds like a lovely weekend.  Is the Revenant  worth seeing?  I've heard good things about it but fear it maybe quite gruesome.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 18, 2016, 07:15:09 PM
Sounds like a lovely weekend.  Is the Revenant  worth seeing?  I've heard good things about it but fear it maybe quite gruesome.

It was, despite the fact that I was sick...thanks. I just deposited my critique of The Revenant in the Media thread so won't bore everyone again by repeating myself, but yes definitely worth seeing on the large screen as I found it quite beautiful....however, it is gruesome, I guess it depends on how much gore you can handle, but it didn't seem over the top or gratuitous to me.

Insoluble

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 17, 2016, 01:08:27 PM
[size=1http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/Themes/default/images/bbc/sup.gif4pt][/size]

Are you an Ozzie with raw appeal?

Yes of course, well kinda sort of.
Half baked, often get called that.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Essie Mae

Gotta pack the laptop now. Just got back from meal in London with our daughter, and off to Oz, (Perth), tomorrow to see our son and granddaughter and daughter-in-law for 2 months, during which time our new granddaughter will be born. This will not be a holiday, but it will be great. Next time on HAF I will be in anything from about 28 to 40 deg C. :dance: :wave hi:
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 25, 2016, 11:14:17 PM
Gotta pack the laptop now. Just got back from meal in London with our daughter, and off to Oz, (Perth), tomorrow to see our son and granddaughter and daughter-in-law for 2 months, during which time our new granddaughter will be born. This will not be a holiday, but it will be great. Next time on HAF I will be in anything from about 28 to 40 deg C. :dance: :wave hi:
Awwwww! A baby!  :love: :cheerful dance 2: :love:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

You lucky bastards!  8)

Have fun down under.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Congratulations on the new granddaughter, how fun and exciting, plus you get to stay there for two months visiting, that's special as well...sorry to hear about the 28 to 40 deg C weather though, sounds horrible. ::)

Seems everyone is having babies right now. A lady from our office just had her fourth granddaughter (No grandsons for her!), plus I'm aware of three other recent or upcoming "arrivals".

Must be the time of year.

Asmodean

The Asmo has this... Whatsitcalled... Ebola-thing where His Divine Eyebrows feel like sandpaper.

Good news for Luxembourg. They probably very cheery now.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

At last, after several months of lawyers piddling about, we have exchanged contracts on our new home.  We move on Wednesday.

I'm aware that I haven't been joining in much lately; there's been a lot of stress and fuss.  After the move I hope I'll have time and leisure to start annoying you all with my silly posts.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on January 27, 2016, 11:57:38 AM
At last, after several months of lawyers piddling about, we have exchanged contracts on our new home.  We move on Wednesday.

I'm aware that I haven't been joining in much lately; there's been a lot of stress and fuss.  After the move I hope I'll have time and leisure to start annoying you all with my silly posts.
Get moved!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on January 27, 2016, 12:36:23 PM

Get moved!

Yes, stop with the procrastination OldGit and Git moved! :geezer!:

Magdalena

:frolic: :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on January 27, 2016, 09:54:39 AM
The Asmo has this... Whatsitcalled... Ebola-thing where His Divine Eyebrows feel like sandpaper.

Good news for Luxembourg. They probably very cheery now.  >:(

That's not cheery at all!  And Luxembourg probably feels ignored.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany