News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

For the first time in about 15 years we have a real tree at our house. Tonight the family and I are decorating, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is playing, and the house is nice and toasty warm.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

I repealed the housing cancellation form and they approved it!! I don't have to live in student housing next semester!!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
I repealed the housing cancellation form and they approved it!! I don't have to live in student housing next semester!!

??? Excellent ???
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2015, 07:14:22 PM

??? Excellent ???

Very excellent. That means I don't have to look for a car right away and I save about 6 thousand dollars.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

??? Excellent ???

Very excellent. That means I don't have to look for a car right away and I save about 6 thousand dollars.

Super news!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Firebird

Sweet!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

Good news, Buddy!  Amazing - the pen-pushers did something helpful. ;D

Guardian85

??? Excellent ???

Very good! Now you can use that money to come back over here.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 09, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

??? Excellent ???

Well, if you guys are doing another meetup next year I can try to scrape a few pennies around.  ;D

jumbojak

I hit a deer last night, which sucks. However, I'm cheerful that I was able to complete repairs for the princely sum of $35. Well, it'll be $35 once I return the $17 worth of bulbs it turned out I didn't need to buy. :)

You gotta love a picn-n-pull junkyard. For about thirty seconds worth of work I saved about $40. If I had purchased new it would have cost over $200, just for the headlamp assembly. Plus another $17 for the bulbs!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2015, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on December 09, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

??? Excellent ???

Well, if you guys are doing another meetup next year I can try to scrape a few pennies around.  ;D

If/when you come over again I'm banning digital communication for all but one hour a day!!! We can actually talk with each other!!

Buddy

Oh like you didn't use your computer too. Besides, I was the designated googler.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
Oh like you didn't use your computer too. Besides, I was the designated googler.
I know!!! I should have turned the Wi-fi off!!!

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
I know!!! I should have turned the Wi-fi off!!!
Are you kidding? Megan's mother would have had an anuerysm if we hadn't continually updated her on her daughters health, happiness and...... relative safety.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

Well I ought to be cheerful; thanks to no longer working, Christmas is all organised: cards sent; decorations up; food ordered; even spare beds made up, and I am cheerful really, but I think I actually enjoyed runing round like a demented chicken between working hours.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare