News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Hooray!  I thought you'd be OK. :D

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Finally home. However, it did not go smoothly. I couldn't get in the house, so we had to call the fire department. I thought I was going to have to go back to the hospital, but they helped get me inside. A bit embarrassing, but at least I'm at home.

At home physical therapy is supposed to start today. Can't say that I'm looking forward to that.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Firebird

My favorite baseball team (the New York Mets) is going to the World Series!

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Siz

Cheerful!

My new bike (for those that weren't in FB club)

This is my new winter training bike - a Charge Juicer Hi - Steel-frame road bike.
Took it out for the first time yesterday and am mostly very pleased with it - A very smooth and comfortable ride with a ride position how I like it, though it is very heavy compared to my carbon No1 steed. A real grinder up the hills, but that's training!

I just installed mudguards on it and I put some winter tyres on so I'm all set for riding in the crappy English winter... no excuses! I might have to replace the brakes as they're crap. The gears (Shimano 105, for those of you that might care) are smooth and positive.

Now I have to start thinking about my next purchase - a touring bike for my South of France trip planned for around 2018 with MiniSiz. Think I'll wait a while before mentioning that one to MrsSiz...

"My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my bikes for what I told her they cost" ;D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Siz on October 25, 2015, 08:28:14 AM
"My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my bikes for what I told her they cost" ;D
I should so add that to my sig for posterity!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Expedia lets you choose your seat on the flights and I was able to snag window seats for all six planes that I'll be on.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 05:48:51 PM
Expedia lets you choose your seat on the flights and I was able to snag window seats for all six planes that I'll be on.  ;D
Excellent!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 05:51:51 PM
Excellent!

I decided to go with a premium seat for my Toronto to London flight so I have more leg room as well. Only 26 more days!!!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 06:15:06 PM
Excellent!

I decided to go with a premium seat for my Toronto to London flight so I have more leg room as well. Only 26 more days!!!

Oooooooo. You jet setter you!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
Excellent!

Well if I'm going to be stuffed into a pressurized can for 7 hours I might as well make it more comfortable.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
Excellent!

Well if I'm going to be stuffed into a pressurized can for 7 hours I might as well make it more comfortable.

I need to book my hotel for the saturday night in Leeds.  Are we still partying that night?

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 25, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Excellent!

I need to book my hotel for the saturday night in Leeds.  Are we still partying that night?
Looks like it :D

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Siz on October 25, 2015, 08:28:14 AM
Cheerful!

My new bike (for those that weren't in FB club)

This is my new winter training bike - a Charge Juicer Hi - Steel-frame road bike.
Took it out for the first time yesterday and am mostly very pleased with it - A very smooth and comfortable ride with a ride position how I like it, though it is very heavy compared to my carbon No1 steed. A real grinder up the hills, but that's training!

I just installed mudguards on it and I put some winter tyres on so I'm all set for riding in the crappy English winter... no excuses! I might have to replace the brakes as they're crap. The gears (Shimano 105, for those of you that might care) are smooth and positive.

Now I have to start thinking about my next purchase - a touring bike for my South of France trip planned for around 2018 with MiniSiz. Think I'll wait a while before mentioning that one to MrsSiz...

Very nice purchase Siz, it looks like a great bike, I'm extremely envious...I have Shimano on my bikes, love them. Enjoy your winter training...and please forward my contact info to your wife ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 25, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Excellent!

Looks like it :D

Am I best staying in the city centre or Leeds East near you?  All the people I know who live there, live chapel allerton way so it maybe too out of the way to stay with them.