News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Hooray!  I thought you'd be OK. :D

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Finally home. However, it did not go smoothly. I couldn't get in the house, so we had to call the fire department. I thought I was going to have to go back to the hospital, but they helped get me inside. A bit embarrassing, but at least I'm at home.

At home physical therapy is supposed to start today. Can't say that I'm looking forward to that.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Firebird

My favorite baseball team (the New York Mets) is going to the World Series!

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Siz

Cheerful!

My new bike (for those that weren't in FB club)

This is my new winter training bike - a Charge Juicer Hi - Steel-frame road bike.
Took it out for the first time yesterday and am mostly very pleased with it - A very smooth and comfortable ride with a ride position how I like it, though it is very heavy compared to my carbon No1 steed. A real grinder up the hills, but that's training!

I just installed mudguards on it and I put some winter tyres on so I'm all set for riding in the crappy English winter... no excuses! I might have to replace the brakes as they're crap. The gears (Shimano 105, for those of you that might care) are smooth and positive.

Now I have to start thinking about my next purchase - a touring bike for my South of France trip planned for around 2018 with MiniSiz. Think I'll wait a while before mentioning that one to MrsSiz...

"My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my bikes for what I told her they cost" ;D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Siz on October 25, 2015, 08:28:14 AM
"My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my bikes for what I told her they cost" ;D
I should so add that to my sig for posterity!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Expedia lets you choose your seat on the flights and I was able to snag window seats for all six planes that I'll be on.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 05:48:51 PM
Expedia lets you choose your seat on the flights and I was able to snag window seats for all six planes that I'll be on.  ;D
Excellent!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 05:51:51 PM
Excellent!

I decided to go with a premium seat for my Toronto to London flight so I have more leg room as well. Only 26 more days!!!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 06:15:06 PM
Excellent!

I decided to go with a premium seat for my Toronto to London flight so I have more leg room as well. Only 26 more days!!!

Oooooooo. You jet setter you!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
Excellent!

Well if I'm going to be stuffed into a pressurized can for 7 hours I might as well make it more comfortable.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
Excellent!

Well if I'm going to be stuffed into a pressurized can for 7 hours I might as well make it more comfortable.

I need to book my hotel for the saturday night in Leeds.  Are we still partying that night?

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 25, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Excellent!

I need to book my hotel for the saturday night in Leeds.  Are we still partying that night?
Looks like it :D

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Siz on October 25, 2015, 08:28:14 AM
Cheerful!

My new bike (for those that weren't in FB club)

This is my new winter training bike - a Charge Juicer Hi - Steel-frame road bike.
Took it out for the first time yesterday and am mostly very pleased with it - A very smooth and comfortable ride with a ride position how I like it, though it is very heavy compared to my carbon No1 steed. A real grinder up the hills, but that's training!

I just installed mudguards on it and I put some winter tyres on so I'm all set for riding in the crappy English winter... no excuses! I might have to replace the brakes as they're crap. The gears (Shimano 105, for those of you that might care) are smooth and positive.

Now I have to start thinking about my next purchase - a touring bike for my South of France trip planned for around 2018 with MiniSiz. Think I'll wait a while before mentioning that one to MrsSiz...

Very nice purchase Siz, it looks like a great bike, I'm extremely envious...I have Shimano on my bikes, love them. Enjoy your winter training...and please forward my contact info to your wife ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 25, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Excellent!

Looks like it :D

Am I best staying in the city centre or Leeds East near you?  All the people I know who live there, live chapel allerton way so it maybe too out of the way to stay with them.