News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on December 25, 2014, 12:00:38 PM
Even Santa!  He flies over the whole world and gathers information, which he passes back to ... THEM.  He is the worst spy of all ... he is a mint spy.
Let him come!

The Asmo will blow his fat ass right out of the sky with His Divine Fireworks.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Santa was always as elusive as god, I don't think your summoning would work, Asmo.  He might as well be one of the best types of spy --- never caught, even if you set traps with plenty of milk and cookies.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

One reason to be cheerful right now is that I have a functional air conditioning unit in my room.  ;D
One reason to laugh would be that based on Gerry's logic I would have to thank creationism for that, since ACs didn't evolve but were designed by people. Weird worldview.  :D

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 27, 2014, 12:37:13 AM
Santa was always as elusive as god, I don't think your summoning would work, Asmo.  He might as well be one of the best types of spy --- never caught, even if you set traps with plenty of milk and cookies.
A resourceful Asmo might find a way around that. The important thing is that now He knows.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Velma

Thread necromancy!  ;D

Got a new tablet - a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0. Not top of the line by any stretch of the imagination, but perfect for my needs.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Velma on October 17, 2015, 05:21:06 AM
Thread necromancy!  ;D

Got a new tablet - a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0. Not top of the line by any stretch of the imagination, but perfect for my needs.

I have one of these! It's been dandy. Very good for watching Netflix :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Velma

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on October 17, 2015, 02:05:08 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 17, 2015, 05:21:06 AM
Thread necromancy!  ;D

I have one of these! It's been dandy. Very good for watching Netflix :D
That is one of the reasons I got it. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I have plenty of videos to watch. Plus, when I can't sleep, it is easier to watch a video on the tablet than on the laptop.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Firebird

I have a tab as well, though it's bigger. Definitely a fan of Samsung's hardware. I recently switched phones from a Galaxy to an HTC, but I'm seriously switching of thinking back.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on October 17, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
I have a tab as well, though it's bigger. Definitely a fan of Samsung's hardware. I recently switched phones from a Galaxy to an HTC, but I'm seriously switching of thinking back.
I think you got your wucking fords mixed up there! Alcohol?
;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on October 17, 2015, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: Firebird on October 17, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
I think you got your wucking fords mixed up there! Alcohol?
;D

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Velma on October 17, 2015, 05:33:30 PM
Plus, when I can't sleep, it is easier to watch a video on the tablet than on the laptop.

Agreed, that's basically what I've been using mine for! Good for listening to podcasts as well, that way you can close your eyes and snooze...

Siz

Great day of rugby yesterday.

U12s reached the final of a local rugby festival. Minisiz with several authoritative, try-saving tackles in the final but they couldn't hold out against a well-organised, superior side. It was a close match and hard fought. Brave effort by the team - very proud.

Meanwhile, I refereed my first tournament match, having qualified a few months ago. Great fun. I can't remember ever being called 'sir' outside of America! So many age-grade rules to remember, but evidently no glaring reffing errors judging by the parental silence - I guess I blagged it well enough.

And what a show by Scotland against Oz in the World cup! Of all the options MiniSiz has for international call-ups he might now have to choose them!  ;D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

That's great, Siz!

I'm cheerful because I survived something that I had been dreading for months. Turns out I was stressing myself over nothing.