Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2014, 12:50:01 AM
Oh dear. Did some minion do something to displease Your Divine Greyness? :(  
Yes.  >:( The Asmo does get some nasty depressions around this time of year, so He's prohibiting cheeriness.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2014, 08:26:06 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2014, 12:50:01 AM
Oh dear. Did some minion do something to displease Your Divine Greyness? :( 
Yes.  >:( The Asmo does get some nasty depressions around this time of year, so He's prohibiting cheeriness.  >:(
Asmo, have you tried a light box? Only anecdotal evidence, but it made an amazing difference to my friend who also used to get depressions in the winter.  I know a happy Asmo might destroy your Asmo- cool, but if you don't rate the idea of a ightbox, you will still keep talking to us won't you - can't think of any better therapy.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Winter is not the problem. I dislike the cold, but do enjoy the dark.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

It's not one's feelings toward darkness that matter.  I far prefer nighttime.  It's that there are things in sunlight that we need and do not get when days are so short (and moreso if it's cold and you're covered in clothing).  Most notably vitamin D.  A good vit D supplement with calcium does wonders for my anxiety. 

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 21, 2014, 08:33:12 PM
It's not one's feelings toward darkness that matter.  I far prefer nighttime.  It's that there are things in sunlight that we need and do not get when days are so short (and moreso if it's cold and you're covered in clothing).  Most notably vitamin D.  A good vit D supplement with calcium does wonders for my anxiety. 

I echo that, vitamin D with calcium works wonders.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

MariaEvri

QuoteRe: Reasons to be cheerful!
24, 25, 26 december we have off
31 dec, 1, 2 of jan. we have off
6 jan. we have off.
Thank you solstice
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Biggus Dickus

Today marks my 365th day of sobriety, one full year...so everyone here gets a day off to celebrate (Your choice of day with pay of course, just have your bosses contact me to arrange).

And have some pie (I prefer Pie over Cake, I mean really is there any comparison between the two?)

I don't miss the alcohol, or the need to drink, but I do miss the taste of good beer.

Like this picture here it is so pleasing to the eye isn't it? And you don't even have to guess that it's a Guinness either, I mean nothing pours like a Guinness, amirite folks?

Anyway, I'm not looking for a bunch of congratulations or pats on the back, really only want to this share this with my friends here at HAF who have made me feel so welcome over a good portion of this year, thanks and if we ever meet up the first round is on me. (I'll just have coffee, or god-forbid some Earl Grey)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

You may not be asking for a pat on the back, but I'm giving you one anyway because you deserve it. Congratulations!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I would like to congratulate you as well, one year sober is a huge deal. Well done, Bruno!  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Congrats Bruno, that's quite the accomplishment. Been a pleasure having you here.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

I could look at that .gif all day....  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Well done Bruno. It was a great day when you wandered in!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

You're great Bruno,  :-*  and so easy to get along with. (Except on Mondays.)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant