News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Beachdragon on August 08, 2012, 03:19:32 PM
I love thunderstorms too.  I'm not much of a fan of summer, but the two things I love most are Fireflies and Thunderstorms.  :)  Mind you, I don't want thunderstorms that produce catastrophic damage like we had here back on JUne 29th, but a good down pour with some really good thundercracking really makes me happy.

And also another thing that makes me happy, this is my 100th post!  *happy dances* and I tried to do it without "me too" posts!

Yay Beachdragon, your 100th post IS a very good reason to be cheerful!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Pasta Chick

^^Agree x100!!

Before I went on my last interview, I asked BF what his secret was, as he gets jobs like nobody's business.  He said, "Remember the person's name, and use it."  Makes sense to me, and has done well for me so far.

Guardian85

Well:
the food was delicious,
the supervisor is under the table (drunk),
and I got shot down six ways to sunday.  ;D

All in all, pretty good party!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Good is nice. The Asmo, however, is not drinking until the very end of the month, and then He will try to avoid it under the excuse of driving. He also makes a point of not drinking with His coworkers, but that's a personal-professional preference.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

We need a thread for "Reasons for feeling Wishy-Washy".

I'm feeling cheerful because tonight we have tickets to see "Andrea Bocelli" perform here in Detroit, yeah!
I was able to get us some decent seats, and it promises to be a good concert. Before hand we'll be going out for dinner, nice Cuban restaurant also in Detroit called "Vicente's".
All in all it should be a wonderful evening; however, we are now leaving the house and will spend the next 6 hours at the mall* christmas shopping. 6 hours, my god I don't know if I have the fortitude to handle this.
Plus I need to act as if I'm enjoying the shopping, so time to put on my fucking happy face. Goodbye all, hope to see you soon, and take care.

* I don't like malls.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

OldGit

Quote from: Bruno...my god I don't know if I have the fortitude to handle this.

How about the credit-card limit? :o

xSilverPhinx

6 hours?! :o How fun. ;D

Bleh, 6 hours is actually nothing. You should see what it's like when my mother and grandmother go shopping together. You might as well bring all your camping gear along with you because it'll take weeks until you see the light of day again. :P It's almost like a real campaign.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I am totally bragging but I think I have made the best hot cocoa ever.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2014, 04:40:28 AM
Now I want to try this.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2014, 04:40:28 AM

Recipe?

I bet mine is better
Retired member.

Buddy

2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup whole milk
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 peppermint candy cane

Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, salt, and about 2 tablespoons milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Whisk in the rest of the milk and crushed peppermint and heat it over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until it is hot. Stir in the vanilla and serve in favorite mug. I like to save a bit of the peppermint to sprinkle over some whipped cream.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Pasta Chick

Not that it tastes similar, but that reminds me of St Lucian coca I used to make. 

Grate a cocoa stick with nutmeg, cinnamon and I used to throw a small bay leaf in there too.  Vanilla or other spices optional.  Boil 5 min and add sugar and milk to taste.  Although I prefer drinks "black" so I just added extra coca and skipped the sugar and milk.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup whole milk
    1 peppermint candy cane

Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, salt, and about 2 tablespoons milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Whisk in the rest of the milk and crushed peppermint and heat it over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until it is hot. Stir in the vanilla and serve in favorite mug. I like to save a bit of the peppermint to sprinkle over some whipped cream.

Just needs a small shot of whisky... ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup whole milk
    1 peppermint candy cane

That looks like some really good cocoa.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Ditch the peppermint and substitute a larger portion of whiskey than G85 describes. Alternatively you could ditch the cocoa and the other ingredients and just use the larger measure of whiskey. 

No harm intended Buddy, I'll bet your cocoa is the very best ever.