News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

In my travels around here I read "NT," New Testament isn't the first thing that sprung to mind when I read those letters.  NT to me is The Northern Territory and that's where Darwin is.

xSilverPhinx

I get neurotypical and of topic.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

Stop messing with that fancy use of bolding.
Or at least disperse my pent up energy with an instructive statement such as "KILL Tank".

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 04, 2012, 07:36:52 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

Stop messing with that fancy use of bolding.
Or at least disperse my pent up energy with an instructive statement such as "KILL Tank".

Ah, but I like [b]bolding.[/b] ;D

I don't see why, I'm not a programmer and you're not an anti-Tank missile ??? Best I can do for you is "Breathe!". You are obliged to obey. ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Sheets of rain and thunder and lightening. I love it.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Playing a new MMO. Aion online. Finally, i can make any kind of character i want here. The graphics are extremely high, so i lag a little, but still, it's so fun. Can't wait for Mimi to install her patch and make her priest, so we can venture together.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 08, 2012, 12:13:31 AM

Same here. When indoors anyway. There is a drama and extremity to it and a strangeness and maybe buried  traces of  childhood wonder too.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Nice, tidy...garage. Surely those words weren't meant to go together, it just doesn't compute. ;D

Siz

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2012, 09:05:06 AM
A nice tidy garage :)
*makes some snidey jealous noises to himself*

[Aloud] Oh nice one Tank, that must fill you with a warm, self-satisfied feeling.[/aloud]

*shuffles off sneering. Contemplates doing the same and decides against it... again...*

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 08, 2012, 09:28:11 AM

[Aloud] Oh nice one Tank, that must fill you with a warm, self-satisfied feeling.[/aloud]

*shuffles off sneering. Contemplates doing the same and decides against it... again...*

Clearly Tank is jealous of you even though he has a tidy garage, Scissorlegs ;) Now you can put your mind at ease and leave it feeling very pleased with itself. Basic defense mechanism 101 ;D (I notice it alot IRL, so it's a bit amusing to me)

Heheh.

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2012, 09:57:32 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 08, 2012, 09:28:11 AM

Clearly Tank is jealous of you even though he has a tidy garage, Scissorlegs ;) Now you can put your mind at ease and leave it feeling very pleased with itself. Basic defense mechanism 101 ;D (I notice it alot IRL, so it's a bit amusing to me)

Heheh.

Yeah, I like it. There's a whole new level of personal justification and validation to enjoy there :D. Definitely works for me!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit

If I had a digger and a 10-ton truck, I could tidy my garage in as little as a week.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 08, 2012, 12:13:31 AM

;D I loved that rainstorm, it was awesome. We've had a few days like that now. I adore thunderstorms!

I'll even go out for a walk in the middle of one. There's something about the energy in the air, the sound of the thunder, the power of the storm that I love.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Beachdragon

I love thunderstorms too.  I'm not much of a fan of summer, but the two things I love most are Fireflies and Thunderstorms.  :)  Mind you, I don't want thunderstorms that produce catastrophic damage like we had here back on JUne 29th, but a good down pour with some really good thundercracking really makes me happy.

And also another thing that makes me happy, this is my 100th post!  *happy dances* and I tried to do it without "me too" posts!