News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Jester

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 13, 2012, 08:17:17 PM
I got a letter in the mail today saying that I made the Dean's Honours List for my program. ;D

Congrats!  ;D
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

En_Route

^ Swedish forest, yes!

I got a letter in the mail today saying that I made the Dean's Honours List for my program. ;D

Confirmation if it were needed of the intellectual distinction of our rarefied membership.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

The Black Jester

The "monsoons" have come to Santa Fe.  "And there was much rejoicing..."
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Sandra Craft

^ Swedish forest, yes!

Seconded.  I'd love to see a Swedish forest, if the Asmo happens to wander that way.

QuoteI got a letter in the mail today saying that I made the Dean's Honours List for my program. ;D

Splendid work, DJ!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Thanks for the warm fuzzies, guys :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Congrats, DJ.
(I know i'm late.)

I'm wearing those Korean detoxifying masks from The Face Shop.
I am addicted to those at only $2 per mask.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 14, 2012, 03:44:27 AM
Seconded.  I'd love to see a Swedish forest, if the Asmo happens to wander that way.
If not, you will get the much more interesting pictures from Norway with fjords and towns and mountains and whatnot. It is a shorter route, but the speed limits are lower. The Sweden route pretty much goes through the forest all the way.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, DJ!

(I haven't been checking this thread, but better congratulate late then never)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 04:02:24 AM
Thanks for the warm fuzzies, guys :)

I haven't got a warm fuzzie but here's a koala stamp.

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Recusant

Well done, DeterminedJuliet!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I feel cheerful. Holidays. :D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on July 14, 2012, 05:13:09 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 14, 2012, 03:44:27 AM
If not, you will get the much more interesting pictures from Norway with fjords and towns and mountains and whatnot. It is a shorter route, but the speed limits are lower. The Sweden route pretty much goes through the forest all the way.

Excellent either way, I think.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

That was the 1200th reply on this thread!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2012, 06:39:44 PM
That was the 1200th reply on this thread!!!!

Congratulations, I'd take some satisfaction if I created a thread that lived so long.