News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

The Asmo and coffee have a date too. They are always dating.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 27, 2012, 01:13:13 PM
Amicale and I have a coffee date this week  ;D
Woot!!!

POINH

(Pictures Or It Never Happened)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2012, 01:25:48 PM
(Pictures Or It Never Happened)
That, or urine samples showing traces of coffee which came from the same tree... Bush... Blade of grass... Whatever it is coffee comes out of.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Quote from: DeterminedJulietAmicale and I have a coffee date this week  ;D

Excellent, you'll enjoy that.  The chance to meet up is so rare.
Last December a bloke from another forum, whom I've 'known' for years, came by with all his family on the way back from a family Christmas.  They stayed over and we had a really good time - except I kept calling him by his username and his kids fell about laughing.

Hector Valdez

Sounded nice, Oldgit. I'd probably call you by your username too.  :-X

DeterminedJuliet

A very sweet couple that I know, who had been trying to have a baby for years (and lost 8 in that attempt - yes. 8.) just had a perfectly healthy baby girl. I am over the moon for them. They're going to be the best parents.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 27, 2012, 07:02:50 PM
I would expect people from HAF to call me Asmo... And why not?  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on May 27, 2012, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 27, 2012, 07:02:50 PM
I would expect people from HAF to call me Asmo... And why not?  :D

I like it. Asmo is a cool name.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Fun!!!!  I'm sure you two will have a lovely time!

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on May 28, 2012, 12:31:33 AM

Fun!!!!  I'm sure you two will have a lovely time!

;D  ;D  ;D Very cheerful indeed about this!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

kitty

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 27, 2012, 07:23:46 PM
A very sweet couple that I know, who had been trying to have a baby for years (and lost 8 in that attempt - yes. 8.) just had a perfectly healthy baby girl. I am over the moon for them. They're going to be the best parents.

thats frickin awesome news!! congrats to them xxx

i'm very pleased today because my little sister, her fiance and their new baby have come to stay for the weekend. they live down south so we dont get to see them as often as we'd like.
so lots of cooing and baby hugging for us! yay!
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

Siz

On may way to Wales tonight for a high-octane weekend of off-road biking, beer and banter (not necessarily all together).

Kids at home, bike all groomed, bags all packed... Game-on!

Here's where we'll be staying with it's own bar, games room and TV for the footie (Spain V France):

3 Hours and counting...
(Yeah, it's gonna be muddy!)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Wow Siz!  That looks awesome!

OldGit

I think I know that place.  It's either Pentrebachyfelinnantyreglwysfawr or somewhere else.

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on June 22, 2012, 07:37:31 PM
I think I know that place.  It's either Pentrebachyfelinnantyreglwysfawr or somewhere else.
Exactly right; somewhere else.

This is one of the trails we'll be doing: The Wall, Afan Argoed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGZnu0WBD8

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!