News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitty

Quote from: Ali on May 13, 2012, 03:47:33 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 13, 2012, 03:28:09 PM
Quote from: kitty on May 13, 2012, 12:02:22 PM
meanwhile, my toddlers are trashing my house.....grrrr. guess i'll clean that up when the buggers are in bed lol.

I only have one, but I have given up all hope of keeping our home tidy while he's conscious.

Ha, that was my experience too!  T is finally of an age that I can order him out of the house "it's a beautiful day; go play outside." and clean then, but otherwise it's still pretty impossible to tidy up while he's underfoot.

feel so validated, thank you. glad i'm not alone lol. most of my friends seem to have immaculate houses, and i'm like..how? nevermind. its not forever and i'm sure i'll be sad when they leave for uni or whatever haha
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

Guardian85

I am not usually a sportsfan, but in this case....

Norway DOMINATED Germany in the hockey cup! 12-4!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

kitty

the boys are in bed and i'm drinking homemade strawberry gin...can things get better? nope.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

Tank

Quote from: kitty on May 13, 2012, 09:34:56 PM
the boys are in bed and i'm drinking homemade strawberry gin...can things get better? nope.
Yes. But I don't know you well enough yet  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

I wasn't gonna say due to the UK members who aren't fans they will have to see it all over the news. But Man City won the Premier League, WOOP! I seriously thought my heart would pop it was that intense.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on May 13, 2012, 11:22:33 PM
I wasn't gonna say due to the UK members who aren't fans they will have to see it all over the news. But Man City won the Premier League, WOOP! I seriously thought my heart would pop it was that intense.
You refer to the game of soccer?

So you paid no attention that Williams won the Spanish Grand Prix, their first win since 2004!

*jumps up and down screaming at TV, dogs quiver in the kitchen*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2012, 12:00:19 AM
Quote from: Crow on May 13, 2012, 11:22:33 PM
You refer to the game of soccer?

So you paid no attention that Williams won the Spanish Grand Prix, their first win since 2004!

*jumps up and down screaming at TV, dogs quiver in the kitchen*
Football  >:(

At the time no, I saw the qualifiers, build up, and beginning of the race but being a Mancunian who has supported City since a young lad the F1 was just a way of being occupied. It was probably the craziest end to any sporting season never mind just football.
Retired member.

Siz

Fastest 50+ miler on the road bike.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/180334258#.T7lWddAdoS4.gmail
3500 calories burned - a recovery kebab is in order...!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

corgilover

Quote from: Tank on May 12, 2012, 08:58:41 AM
Quote from: corgilover on May 12, 2012, 04:25:50 AM
I'm on Summer Break! Three months of nothing!
There's always HAF  :D

Well now there's my month long summer class, but you're right. There's always time on here that will make me very happy even if I know absolutely none of you.

Ali

:o

Got the job.

Kind of in shock.

Salary just increased by 63%.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on May 24, 2012, 02:31:53 AM

Got the job.

Kind of in shock.

A really great celebratory dinner at a 4-star restaurant should make that shock wear off real quick.  Congratulations! 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Good for you, now you can buy me a drink.

I'd like one of those mango things I got in Nth Queensland years ago please.
Very mysterious thing, I'm sure it defied the laws of physics, you could drink and drink but the level was so slow to drop...

Amicale

Got the job.

Kind of in shock.

YAY!! Congratulations! *high fives and hugs!* Way to go, you smart awesome lady, you!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

waitin4godot

Sunny, warm weather with my cup of coffee and biscuits..that's a good start..