News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Hahaha, thanks guys. You're a supportive bunch :)
I'll try to slip in some subliminal atheist messaging. I'm open to suggestions.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Errrr. AD, you didn't read that last part.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 20, 2012, 07:23:11 PM
Errrr. AD, you didn't read that last part.

Heh.  "Preach" your mind and never worry about what others think.  :)

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 20, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
I just got signed on to write my own daily column  ;D
It's with a Canadian communications company launching a new website in May. I won't post too much about it here (trying to keep my identity private and all), but if anyone's interested in following it, they can PM me and I'll send them the info.

Okay, I promise I'll stop writing about my life-stuff now. :P

No mean feat. I wish you every success.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

Got gummy bears and new One Piece tshirts. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 23, 2012, 09:08:45 PM
'

"One Piece" t-shirt? Pics?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

I am so excited for this week.Working on fixing up the horse barn at my mom's friend's house for the minis after school. Then Wednesday is the end of the year FFA Awards Banquet. Then Thursday I get to take my new mini horse home (he is still at the breeder's home, but I still get to take care of and see him), then Saturday and Sunday I am spending in Chicago with a friend for her birthday.

So I actually ended up buying two minis. The one I am taking home is the little blue-eyed black stud colt, and the brown one I posted in the What's On Your Mind forum is in Kentucky. I will be picking him up in Indianapolis on May 18. Lots of pictures will be posted of both of them.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

corgilover

Harmonie

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 23, 2012, 09:08:45 PM

OMG. You like One Piece, too?  ;D

Anyway, my reason to be cheerful is my tenor saxophone I got a week ago... Although I haven't had much chance to play it because of work.  :(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

Quote from: corgilover on April 29, 2012, 10:11:46 PM
FINALS!
Presumably they are now finished? You can't possibly be looking forward to them!!

MariaEvri

reason to be cheerful:

I gt monday off from work, even though this nausea is killing me
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com