Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 06, 2012, 11:21:15 AM
That's the way of things I suppose, still I like seeing families of ducks waddling about.

*snipped article*

That's not very cheerful is it? At least he got caught.

I LOVE seeing families of ducks, as does my daughter. She loves ducks the way some people love cats (like me *cough*) so she'd never forgive me if she knew what she ate for dinner last night, sigh. But when I'm at a nature place looking at ducks, or out by a pond, I have no desire to kill one and eat it. In fact, I know I'm a bloody hypocrite because I do eat meat but if I was the one who had to catch and kill my own food, I'd promptly turn vegetarian. I don't think I could do it. I'm aghast, though, that someone would deliberately turn their vehicle into another lane for the sole purpose of hitting them. Ugh!

Yes, the one cheerful thing in this entire story is that there's one more person doing reckless, juvenile crap on the roads who got caught and charged for being an idiot. So few of them are ever caught and held responsible for their actions.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 06, 2012, 11:21:15 AM
QuoteA provisional driver has been charged with animal cruelty after allegedly running over a group of ducks in northern NSW.

An off-duty police officer spotted the 18-year-old man driving along Beardy Street, Armidale, on January 26.

It's alleged the P-plater switched lanes to deliberately hit four ducks waddling across the road.

Two birds died at the scene, two flew away.

The 18-year-old was arrested yesterday and charged with animal cruelty and driving offences, including not displaying any P-plates.

He's due to face Armidale Local Court on March 26.

That's not very cheerful is it? At least he got caught.

What an asshat!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Everything is coming up Ali!  I was out of the office on a client visit most of Tuesday afternoon, and then took a vacay day yesterday so I could volunteer at my son's preschool.  When I came back to work this morning, I found out that I had won 2 awards!  One is fairly minor (get a trophy, a t shirt, and a free lunch) and one is pretty big (get an all expenses paid trip to Miami for a special awards ceremony.)  I won the same award a couple of years ago, and went to Las Vegas.  It was amazing, they paid for our flights, hotel (an amazing resort), all food, a spa treatment, gave us spending money (I think $100) and an Ipod.  I hope it's the same amazing treatment this year.  *Happy Dance for all expenses paid trip to Miami*

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on February 09, 2012, 04:23:34 PM
Everything is coming up Ali!  I was out of the office on a client visit most of Tuesday afternoon, and then took a vacay day yesterday so I could volunteer at my son's preschool.  When I came back to work this morning, I found out that I had won 2 awards!  One is fairly minor (get a trophy, a t shirt, and a free lunch) and one is pretty big (get an all expenses paid trip to Miami for a special awards ceremony.)  I won the same award a couple of years ago, and went to Las Vegas.  It was amazing, they paid for our flights, hotel (an amazing resort), all food, a spa treatment, gave us spending money (I think $100) and an Ipod.  I hope it's the same amazing treatment this year.  *Happy Dance for all expenses paid trip to Miami*

Wow! Have fun in Miami Ali! When do you leave?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

End of April.  I've been ogling the resort website, and am super excited. 

Tank

Quote from: Ali on February 09, 2012, 04:35:11 PM
End of April.  I've been ogling the resort website, and am super excited. 
Where, where, where!?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Fake rhino attempts zoo escape

QuoteA zoo in Tokyo has been simulating a rhino escape to prepare staff for a possible emergency.

Two employees wore a life-size rhino costume and tried to escape the compound before being hit with fake tranquilisers and trapped in nets.

LOL!

Ali

Tank

Quote from: Ali on February 09, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
http://turnberryislemiami-px.trvlclick.com/default-en.html
:D :D :D
I am going to suspend your account while you're there, so you don't get tempted to waste any time here. You can tell us all about it when you get back.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 09, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
http://turnberryislemiami-px.trvlclick.com/default-en.html
:D :D :D
I am going to suspend your account while you're there, so you don't get tempted to waste any time here. You can tell us all about it when you get back.

haha, good idea.  It's too pretty there to spend time hunkered down over my laptop.  :D

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Maybe I can sneak you in with my luggage.... :D

Buddy

Good luck explaining that one to the TSA. :P