News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Catching The Fugitive on TV -- Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones in the same movie, it doesn't get too much better.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Why does your evening suck Asmo?

I'm happy.  We just bought some stuff to help us organize T's toys at Ikea.  Now we'll be able to move the majority of them up to his room.  I can't wait to reclaim that corner of the living room....

Asmodean

Well, let's see...

I should be in bed with someone among used rubbies, smoking a cigarette right now. However, I am in bed alone with whatever it is my last visitor managed to infect me with.

I've got nothing worth watching that hasn't been watched to death already, I'm thoroughly finished with all the consile games I have, there is SNOW outside and a lot of it too... I could bitch and moan for hours.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 01:14:26 AM
Well, let's see...

I should be in bed with someone among used rubbies, smoking a cigarette right now. However, I am in bed alone with whatever it is my last visitor managed to infect me with.

I've got nothing worth watching that hasn't been watched to death already, I'm thoroughly finished with all the consile games I have, there is SNOW outside and a lot of it too... I could bitch and moan for hours.

(complete with badly drawn thermometer, lol)

Sorry you're bummed out and not feeling good Asmo!

My day here's been pretty 'bleh'. My kiddo's getting sick, I'm getting sick, and just feeling down today. Ah well. Since this is the 'reasons to be cheerful' thread, I'll just say that at least I'm happy my car battery isn't dead. I left the damned light on inside earlier, and found it still on 4 hours later.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 01:14:26 AM
However, I am in bed alone with whatever it is my last visitor managed to infect me with.

:o  I'm going to hope that you mean a cold or something like that.   ;)

Sorry you're bored.   They've got Arrested Development on Hulu.  If you haven't seen it, it's HILARIOUS.

http://www.hulu.com/arrested-development?c=Comedy

Asmodean

Not an STD, if that's what you're implying. All I know is that he developed the mother of all migrains, stayed here far longer than intended and caused me to be all quiet and to banish myself and Small One from our own command center. Photo- and audiosensitivity is a bitch, apparently.

And now, a day later, The Asmo is all shriveled like a dry lemon.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

You can't blame me for thinking STD.  You're the one that was talking about used rubbers and infections in the same paragraph!  LOL

Sorry you're sick.  Drink some green tea with lemon and get eat something with zinc in it.

Sweetdeath

Jude Law is randomly on SNL. Ah~ <3 <3

Yikes, feel better ,Asmo. :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xXxWashburnxXx

I got an advertisement in the mail for a catholic school. it made me lol.
Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 01:35:52 AM
And now, a day later, The Asmo is all shriveled like a dry lemon.

Speaking of which, my girlfriend recommends drinking hot tea with half a lemon squeezed in and a few dashes of nutmeg.  That's what she's been drinking and has completely avoided getting the cold I've had off and on for nearly 2 months.  If the anitbiotics I'm currently on don't work, I may ignore my dislike for lemon in tea and try it myself.
Sandy

Sweetdeath

Nutmeg and cinnamon both help the immune system . Black pepper contains lots of zinc and vitamin K, so I put it on all my foods. Yum! :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Eh... Asmo, he just pops pills.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 29, 2012, 06:26:31 AM
Nutmeg and cinnamon both help the immune system . Black pepper contains lots of zinc and vitamin K, so I put it on all my foods. Yum! :)

Good, at least I like black pepper.  I like nutmeg and cinnamon too, for that matter, but I just can't bear lemon in any drink that isn't lemonade.

Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 08:04:04 AM
Eh... Asmo, he just pops pills.

Then I'll let you know how these antibiotics work out.
Sandy

Ali

Asmo, did you ever find something to do?  Also, when you you sleep?  I know you've got to be like 7 or 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time (it's currently 8:33 am where I am) but you were posting at 6:30 pm my time, which I think is like 2:30 your time.  Forget pills, you probably need some sleep!  ;D