Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 11:48:22 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 11:43:29 PM
Seeing a good bunch of new members settling in  ;D

The forum has picked up quite a bit lately.
Most definitly has  ;D

It's the 30% larger avatars than other comparable forums advantage.
We don't ritually sacrifice our theists either, but I'm not sure if that necessarily would increase membership.  :-\

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 10, 2011, 02:24:55 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 11:48:22 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 11:43:29 PM
Seeing a good bunch of new members settling in  ;D

The forum has picked up quite a bit lately.
Most definitly has  ;D

It's the 30% larger avatars than other comparable forums advantage.
We don't ritually sacrifice our theists either, but I'm not sure if that necessarily would increase membership.  :-\

Yea, something tells me that Not Your Typical... would not enjoy being part of a sacrifice.  :P

Edit* forgot the not XD
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

After weeks of talking about it and thinking about it, on Wednesday, I finally got a cortisone shot in my arthritic left knee.  It still fills a bit overfull of fluid, but the pain is much reduced and the joint moves much more easily.  That is something to be cheerful about.   :D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on December 10, 2011, 03:27:39 AM
After weeks of talking about it and thinking about it, on Wednesday, I finally got a cortisone shot in my arthritic left knee.  It still fills a bit overfull of fluid, but the pain is much reduced and the joint moves much more easily.  That is something to be cheerful about.   :D

I had that done once -- it was stunning being able to use my knee almost normally withing seconds.  That'll definitely put a smile on your face.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2011, 02:40:44 AM
Yea, something tells me that Not Your Typical... would not enjoy being part of a sacrifice.  :P

Edit* forgot the not XD

But some members would be attracted by the occasional sacrifice.
I think many other atheist forums offer this so there is probably a niche for a forum that lets theists live like normal folk.  Until we tire of them at least.  ;)

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 10, 2011, 04:23:19 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2011, 02:40:44 AM

Edit* forgot the not XD

But some members would be attracted by the occasional sacrifice.
I think many other atheist forums offer this so there is probably a niche for a forum that lets theists live like normal folk.  Until we tire of them at least.  ;)

Yea you might be right. But I wouldn't want to do it to often. And only if said theist deserves it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Yes, not all pain is enjoyable  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 09:17:33 AM
Yes, there is a difference in the two.  ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on December 10, 2011, 04:51:16 PM
Did you ever see you present in the Xmas present thread?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 05:05:23 PM
Quote from: Velma on December 10, 2011, 04:51:16 PM
Did you ever see you present in the Xmas present thread?
No I didn't.

Velma

Now I have.  I could use something like that, especially when it snows.  Thank you.   :)

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 02:19:59 AM
I will. I just started driving this week, so I'm not that good yet  ;D
Look at the two videos here and make sure they are never about you  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on December 10, 2011, 06:32:44 PM

The only difference between me and the first driver is that I would have been much faster about parking so badly.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 10, 2011, 06:38:55 PM
The only difference between me and the first driver is that I would have been much faster about parking so badly.
The Asmo is actually very good at that sort of things, but he has been known to park in the sloppiest of ways now and then... Out of laziness, mostly.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on December 10, 2011, 06:32:44 PM

Wow. That is honestly all I can say about that. I actually parallel parked for the first time today. Took me about 25 minutes, but I didn't hit anything.