News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angler27

For me, it would have to be when my family tells me they love me.

I have been married going on eight years, and I never get tired of hearing that and it always brightens my day.  :D

Nimzo

Quote from: Tank on June 10, 2011, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: Nimzo on June 10, 2011, 09:43:10 AM
Surely an HAF desert spoon would be more appropriate?
All types of cutlery are welcome at HAF  ;)
Even triune cutlery?

(This gives me reason to be cheerful.  ;D)
"Those who believe that they believe in God, but without passion in their hearts, without anguish in mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, without an element of despair even in their consolation, believe only in the God idea, not God Himself."  (Miguel de Unamuno)

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Nimzo on June 10, 2011, 10:17:31 PM
All types of cutlery are welcome at HAF  ;)
Even triune cutlery?

(This gives me reason to be cheerful.  ;D)

I think anyone who could use the pictured cutlery would be regarded with awe.
Do these things come with a warning to wear eye protection?

Does the word awe originate from some greatly impressed open mouthed person going orrrrrrrrrr...?

Tank

Quote from: Nimzo on June 10, 2011, 10:17:31 PM
All types of cutlery are welcome at HAF  ;)
Even triune cutlery?

(This gives me reason to be cheerful.  ;D)
Congratulations on having a highly developed trivia knowledge centre, very impressive. Were these designed for amputees?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

McQ makes 3,000+ posts. Congratulations to a stalwart protector of, and contributor to, HAF.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Nimzo

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 11, 2011, 05:46:13 AM
I think anyone who could use the pictured cutlery would be regarded with awe.
Do these things come with a warning to wear eye protection?
They would definitely be a strong addition to food fights! ;D

QuoteDoes the word awe originate from some greatly impressed open mouthed person going orrrrrrrrrr...?
I was sad enough to look this up.  Apparently it comes from the Old English "ege" meaning fear.  This rather confused me until I found out that "g" in Old English is "yogh" - a "y" sound.  Wikipedia fills me with awe, and is another reason to be cheerful.  ::)
"Those who believe that they believe in God, but without passion in their hearts, without anguish in mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, without an element of despair even in their consolation, believe only in the God idea, not God Himself."  (Miguel de Unamuno)

Nimzo

Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2011, 08:30:01 AM
Congratulations on having a highly developed trivia knowledge centre, very impressive. Were these designed for amputees?
Thanks - I like to call it "Google". ;)  They don't appear to have been designed for anyone...

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2011, 08:36:49 AM
McQ makes 3,000+ posts. Congratulations to a stalwart protector of, and contributor to, HAF.

Hmm, I was thinking hammer.
I was thinking shiny hammer, I found a beer hammer I liked.
But I decided on this Thor hammer.

It says this but it's hard to read.
"Whoever holds this hammer if he be worthy shall possess the power"

And I must point out it's poor form to hit someone with a gifted hammer.

Nimzo

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Nimzo on June 11, 2011, 08:51:26 PM
beer hammer

Not many beers require a hammer these days do they?

Nimzo

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 11, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
Not many beers require a hammer these days do they?
You'd be surpised...

The Magic Pudding

xSilverPhinx

LOL at the multipurpose dinnerware and hammar. The things people come up with amuse me.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Fergie from BEP in Meet you halfway!

Tank

I checked my marks from my last semesters modules and on PDP (Personal Development and Planning) I got 100%. By all accounts this is the first 100% on any module in the last 5 years. Now I was expecting a good mark as I had done everything expected tons of times in real life so it was just a question of doing what was asked of me by a very good tutor. But none the less it was a nice surprise to get a bulls eye!  ;D